James_431

Reputable
Nov 29, 2016
Hi all,

I have an issue I just can’t work out which has actually been going on since late March 2020 but I’ve ignored until now with all the lockdown stress.

I have a GTX 1060 6gb which I use to display on a triple monitor setup. Until end of March 2020, I had these connected up via DisplayPort as there are 3 DP outputs and 1 HDMI on the card and all was working fine. Suddenly (it appears just after an Nvidia update in March 2020) the monitors stopped receiving any signal through DisplayPort and only work if I connect them via HDMI (although the DPs on the card are working as a DP to HDMI cable works fine?).

I have recently bought a 144hz monitor that requires DP connection so have started investigating this issue and I have:
  • Uninstalled the card and all things Nvidia completely and installed an older version of the driver before the issue occurred (I’ve even installed the earliest version that came with the card)
  • Made sure the latest DP3/4 firmware was on the card via Nvidia updater
  • Updated the BIOS to latest version
  • Tried all power cycling options
  • Tested the monitors and cables on different PC which worked fine
  • Checked through every setting I can find on my PC and Nvidia panel

I noticed a few others had an issue after the same update but no solutions have solved my issue and I’m at a loss for what to try next! Wondered if anyone else has had a solved the same issue or has any suggestions on what else I can try?

PC Specs:
  • ASRock Z37E-ITX
  • Intel i4790K
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
  • Windows 10 + latest updates

TIA,
James

Solution
Hi all,

I have an issue I just can’t work out which has actually been going on since late March 2020 but I’ve ignored until now with all the lockdown stress.

I have a GTX 1060 6gb which I use to display on a triple monitor setup. Until end of March 2020, I had these connected up via DisplayPort as there are 3 DP outputs and 1 HDMI on the card and all was working fine. Suddenly (it appears just after an Nvidia update in March 2020) the monitors stopped receiving any signal through DisplayPort and only work if I connect them via HDMI (although the DPs on the card are working as a DP to HDMI cable works fine?).

I have recently bought a 144hz monitor that requires DP connection so have started investigating this issue and I have:
Hi all,

• Uninstalled the card and all things Nvidia completely and installed an older version of the driver before the issue occurred (I’ve even installed the earliest version that came with the card)
  • Made sure the latest DP3/4 firmware was on the card via Nvidia updater
  • Updated the BIOS to latest version
  • Tried all power cycling options
  • Tested the monitors and cables on different PC which worked fine
  • Checked through every setting I can find on my PC and Nvidia panel
I noticed a few others had an issue after the same update but no solutions have solved my issue and I’m at a loss for what to try next! Wondered if anyone else has had a solved the same issue or has any suggestions on what else I can try?

PC Specs:
  • ASRock Z37E-ITX
  • Intel i4790K
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
  • Windows 10 + latest updates
TIA,
James
rest you whole gpu settings all at once including using ddu, after using ddu, remove gpu, and going through and removing everything you can find by hand for nvidia -things tagged to games/files. reseat the gpu and start new.
also make sure you are using quality dp cables not cheap ones they tend not to work with most gpus
Quality dp cable

Solution

TRENDING THREADS