[SOLVED] HELP! Hair Clipper noise from inside PC

Jan 31, 2021
Hello guys, I am at my wits end now. I keep getting this random 'Hair clipper' noise from inside my PC. I can not remember when it started to happen, it happens randomly. Sometimes when I am browsing under no strain it will just happen and when I am loading inside a computer game aswel. I contacted the supplier I bought it from and they said it was the cooler and I replaced the cooler and the noise still persists. I have also stopped the GPU Fans one at a time during the noise and its not from them either. Also stopped the case fans. Its coming from somewhere else but I just don't know where!

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900KF - 8-Core 3.60GHz, 5.00GHz Turbo - 16MB Cache, Ultimate OC Compatible (No On-board Graphics)
CS_FAN: 3x 120mm Cyberpower Addressable Dual Light Loop RGB 1350RPM Fans with Remote Control
FAN: Cooler Master Masterliquid Lite 240 Liquid Cooling System w/ 240mm Radiator, Extreme OC Compatible (Cooler Master CPU Water Cooling, Extreme OC Compatible)
M2SSD: 1TB (1x1TB) WD Blue SN550 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 2400MB/s Read & 1950MB/s Write (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3000mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance LPX w/Heat Spreader)
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Prime Z390-P: ATX w/ USB 3.1, SATA3, 2x M.2
OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) Perfect for most people with all the core features of Windows 10 including: automatic updates, Cortana and DirectX 12 graphics support (No Recovery Media)
POWERSUPPLY: InWin A65 650W 80+ Certified Gaming Power Supply
VIDEO: MSI GeForce(R) RTX 2070 Super 8GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12(R), VR Ready, HDMI, DP - 4 Monitor Support (Single Card)

This is the noise with the case closed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AQWCfddCwQ&feature=youtu.be

This is the noise with the side panel off with a new cooler in.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkJV0cz3vf8&ab_channel=MasterCarries

Solution
With the TG removed, very gently touch the upper right side of the case when the noise starts, have patience and 'feel' for the sound. Can you feel it through your finger tips?

If you can, and it's pretty evident, take that same corner and bracing the opposite corner, 'twist' the case slightly, flexing it. If the noise abates, start looking for loose rivets or screws.

From the sound, you have a fan somewhere that's slightly out of balance or has a bearing that's worn. This will create vibrations in the fan motor which get transfered to the case. If there's any loose connections between 2 pieces of the frame, they'll vibrate and bounce, creating the sound.

Then just start pushing on individual sections of frame until the noise changes...
Hello guys, I am at my wits end now. I keep getting this random 'Hair clipper' noise from inside my PC. I can not remember when it started to happen, it happens randomly. Sometimes when I am browsing under no strain it will just happen and when I am loading inside a computer game aswel. I contacted the supplier I bought it from and they said it was the cooler and I replaced the cooler and the noise still persists. I have also stopped the GPU Fans one at a time during the noise and its not from them either. Also stopped the case fans. Its coming from somewhere else but I just don't know where!

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900KF - 8-Core 3.60GHz, 5.00GHz Turbo - 16MB Cache, Ultimate OC Compatible (No On-board Graphics)
CS_FAN: 3x 120mm Cyberpower Addressable Dual Light Loop RGB 1350RPM Fans with Remote Control
FAN: Cooler Master Masterliquid Lite 240 Liquid Cooling System w/ 240mm Radiator, Extreme OC Compatible (Cooler Master CPU Water Cooling, Extreme OC Compatible)
M2SSD: 1TB (1x1TB) WD Blue SN550 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 2400MB/s Read & 1950MB/s Write (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3000mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance LPX w/Heat Spreader)
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Prime Z390-P: ATX w/ USB 3.1, SATA3, 2x M.2
OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) Perfect for most people with all the core features of Windows 10 including: automatic updates, Cortana and DirectX 12 graphics support (No Recovery Media)
POWERSUPPLY: InWin A65 650W 80+ Certified Gaming Power Supply
VIDEO: MSI GeForce(R) RTX 2070 Super 8GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12(R), VR Ready, HDMI, DP - 4 Monitor Support (Single Card)

This is the noise with the case closed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AQWCfddCwQ&feature=youtu.be

This is the noise with the side panel off with a new cooler in.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkJV0cz3vf8&ab_channel=MasterCarries
It's too fast to be HDD, must be something catching somewhere, probably some fan. There can't be anything else that's moving. What about fan on PSU ? Did you try stopping it ?

Jan 31, 2021
It's too fast to be HDD, must be something catching somewhere, probably some fan. There can't be anything else that's moving. What about fan on PSU ? Did you try stopping it ?
I have a SSD, its in the specs above. Sorry to sound like an idiot, but I have only four visible fans I can see. Two are attached to the radiator, two are attached to the case itself. One above and one at the back, then there are an extra 2 on the GPU. I have stopped them all.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
With the TG removed, very gently touch the upper right side of the case when the noise starts, have patience and 'feel' for the sound. Can you feel it through your finger tips?

If you can, and it's pretty evident, take that same corner and bracing the opposite corner, 'twist' the case slightly, flexing it. If the noise abates, start looking for loose rivets or screws.

From the sound, you have a fan somewhere that's slightly out of balance or has a bearing that's worn. This will create vibrations in the fan motor which get transfered to the case. If there's any loose connections between 2 pieces of the frame, they'll vibrate and bounce, creating the sound.

Then just start pushing on individual sections of frame until the noise changes and chase the vibrations to adjoining connections.

Solution
Jan 31, 2021
Ok thanks guys will try both suggestions, just waiting for it to make the noise again. Some days it never happens, some days its non stop. Will report back

Jan 31, 2021
Hello Guys,

Update here. It turns out it was the metal grills on the underside of the case (The ones that are directly underneath the PSU), one of them was bent/loose and was rattling whenever the PC sped up I guess, I have wedged something in there for now and its stopped the rattling sound completley