[SOLVED] Help! Hard Drive not detected in bios, but if rebooted is does

sifull

Prominent
Sep 18, 2019
My problem started a few weeks back.

When I boot my computer it sometimes gets stuck on the "press del to enter BIOS window" screen and won't start. If I then enter my BIOS it can't dectect my harddrive. If I then exit the BIOS my computer will boot to windows on function normally expected that there is no D drive found and all the programs on that disk are gone. If I then restart my computer via windows I have the same problem.

However, if I press the power button and restart it that way it will boot normally and the hard drive will be found with all the programs.

I have already tried switching SATA cable and SATA port on my motherboard, after changing the SATA port it worked great for 2 weeks but then the problem started again. I also have the latest BIOS and I also tried to update the Seagate hard drive's firmware but there were no updates available. I have also tried to scan Windows for damaged files and everything was good.

All the components were bought new in May. I have no idea what to do at this point.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
Hard Drive: Seagate BarraCuda Desktop 1TB 7200rpm 64mb

Solution
It's possible, your pc is booting in fast mode.
So - only boot drive is initialized at the beginning. Rest of hardware get initialized later.

Turn off fast boot in BIOS. Boot times will be a bit longer, but you'll have all your hardware available immediately after boot.
It's possible, your pc is booting in fast mode.
So - only boot drive is initialized at the beginning. Rest of hardware get initialized later.

Turn off fast boot in BIOS. Boot times will be a bit longer, but you'll have all your hardware available immediately after boot.

Solution