Help? Having an issue.

AmityX

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
For christmas I bought myself a GTX 760. and I also bought myself a brand new Samsung 22 inch LED monitor. It was okay for 2 days, and then my Monitor White screened on me. and I thought maybe the monitor was just trash because it was an "end of the year clearance" item. I took it back, Staples reassured me it wasn't a refurbished model, Exchanged it for a brand new one of the same monitor. And off I went back home to play some CounterStrike: Global Offensive. I plugged in the monitor and away I went. It was awesome. and it was running smoothly. Anyways the next day I powered up my PC. and loaded counter strike.. and the same fuzziness I saw right before the old monitor whitescreen'd was back, I haven't gamed much infact I've basically powered it down other than to load up, and check emails watch a movie because theses horizontal lines aren't there when doing these things. I'm wondering what could be causing this problem.. I have an old GTX 460 that I replaced with the 760 which I loaded up and it seems to be doing the same thing.. Could it maybe be a problem with my PSU? Or the 1tb HDD I installed (doubting it). Or perhaps the power in my house (it's old, electrical was fixed last year but plugs weren't changed) or could my Mobo be on the fritz. I can't assess the problem. If the monitor goes, I'm screwed (staples offers 1 exchange only) and the 760 since it was also a clearance item, I don't believe Futureshop will let me return it. ... Help? (same problem playing any game, even when running recording software for music this happens)

System specs:
Intel i3570k
gigabyte D3H series mobo
Panasonic DVD/Bluray Drive
8gb's Patriot Viper 3 Mamba edition DDR3 Ram
250gb Seagate HDD (Main Drive, OS and some programs)
1tb Seagate HDD (storage)
Antec Kuhler 620 liquid cooling.
625w Coolermaster Ex2treme PSU.
a few bitfenix fans.

Not installed as of right now
Zotac GTX 760 2gb Superclocked
EVGA GTX 460 1gb

El Tigre

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
It could be your GPU is defective, the lines sounds like artifacts, that's usually due to overheating and/or defective GPU. I would try another graphics card with that monitor to rule out the monitor. Do the same with your current graphics card in another computer and monitor to rule out the graphics card.

Try another PSU as well, also make sure you do not have the monitor and your PC near any high voltage machinery such as microwave ovens and such because those can cause interference too.

AmityX

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

Sadly I don't have any other hardware to mess with currently, as it's new years day, everything is closed. I don't have another computer to try the GPU in, and I dont' have another monitor to test the GPU on. or however you explained it. I can take the GPU back tomorrow when the store is open, I talked to online Customer Support. I also tried my GTX 460 in this system and the lines were back, just not as clear as they are in the 760. So I think it may be the sockets in my walls are 25 years old and need to be changed.