Question Help! Having issues booting

May 29, 2019
Hello,
I've had an issue for awhile where my games would minimize or crash by themselves; Recently I went to play a game then noticed green & purple dots appear on the screen followed by the game freezing. I reboot the computer & was supprised to find no OS found so I figure that the M.2 drive got fried being under the graphics card.

The next day I bought a new M.2 drive & re-installed Windows onto it; It worked fine aside from being slow & looking like a "safe mode" version of windows.. So I allowed it to do it's updates which downloaded correctly, restart for the updates to finish installing. The updates seemed to be installing fine during the boot but right after I was met with 2 different issues, sometimes its the green & purple icons everywhere but most of tjr time both monitors not having a signal. I repeated this process a couple more times & the last time I let it do it's thing for 8 hours with no change.

-Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming Motherboard
  • Ryzen 5 2600x 6 Core
  • 26G Of gaming ram
  • Gigabyte RTX 2070 GPU
  • 500GB WD Black M.2
  • 1.5TB Triditional HD
  • 6 Case Fans (3 intake, 3 exhaust)
  • 800W Power Supply

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Can you post a picture of the problem you're seeing?
What make and model PSU?

I suspect this is probably hardware but:
  • Do you have latest BIOS installed?
  • Do you have latest GPU drivers installed?
  • You say both monitors? I would say try a different display cable, depending on how you have it set up, but if it is with two completely seperate cables from 2 different GPU ports, then it probably isn't that.
  • Have you monitored GPU and CPU temps under load?

May 29, 2019
Thank you for the quick reply.

The motherboard drivers are up to date but I seem to be stuck in the base 2017 version of Windows 10; Any updates to Windows or my GPU Drivers results in loss of display.

The PSU is a corsair RM850X fully modular; Each display is individually connected to the GPU. One is connected via Display port & the other is HDMI.