help help help

Arindam_1

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015
when i opening my pc its starting little bit and then all black, when moniters port connected to my gpu....then i changed the port to mobo and display showing my pc is starting, gpu is installed to mobo but why this happening....... went to device manager there is no external gpu only in built one showing....... please help me how to fix it

Gigabyte 78Lmt Usb3 rev5
AMD FX8350
Radeon R9 270
corsair 4×2
windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Gentleman Jim

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2015
How many slots are there for gpu on the motherboard? If there is more than one use the one closest to the back panel connectors. Make sure the card is seated properly and if the card requires a cable to be connected from the power supply make sure that it is the proper cable. If this does not fix the issue then I would look at updating the bios for the motherboard. One last thought , if you go into the bios there is a way to turn off the built in gpu so that the external one is given priority.

Gentleman Jim

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2015
You indicated that you tried another gpu and it worked, is this correct? This may be an issue with the original card that you had installed, especially if it was not showing up. If the slot is good then I would look at the video card as the culprit.