HELP ! High temps read on AMD 860k with H100i water cooling?

shume

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Hi there im new and i recently made my first build

MY setup
Zalman m1 micro itx case
2 Fans front and back (stock ones)
AMD 860k
MSI FM2+A88x itx mobo
G skill Trident x 8gb 2400 ram
cooling: corsair h100i with stock fans just bought this two days ago.

okay so this the problem so i have this cooler i keep getting at idle from 43c to 58c using corsair link and when im running bf4 its about 78c

The issue is isnt my idle temp reads meant to be lower and my mobo hard drive and h100i temp are in the 25 to 30c zone.. i find this odd

Yes i have re seated the waterblock 3 time and 2 times with a coolermaster thermal paste from hyper 212 (cuz i couldnt find my artic)

I did wipe using isopropyl alcohol the cpu and the waterblock

Temps.PNG

Temps.PNG

Solution
yeah those temps are good. the athlon 7xx series had an issue with giving false high package temps and it seems the 8xx series does too.

Just monitor socket temps and also download amd overdrive - it reports temperature via 'thermal margin' aka the distance from max operating temp (this number shrinks under load)

socket temps are more accurate at idle, amd overdrive is better under load. between the two you should be able to guesstimate your temps, but they seem fine to me :)
yeah those temps are good. the athlon 7xx series had an issue with giving false high package temps and it seems the 8xx series does too.

Just monitor socket temps and also download amd overdrive - it reports temperature via 'thermal margin' aka the distance from max operating temp (this number shrinks under load)

socket temps are more accurate at idle, amd overdrive is better under load. between the two you should be able to guesstimate your temps, but they seem fine to me :)

Solution

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Seeing that the OP accidentally selected one of your previous answers as the solution I deselected it....BUT I selected your post I quoted as this will probably help anyone with a similar problem that finds this topic

You said everything I was going to say so good job.

shume

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015

THANNK YOU SO MUCH to both of you :)