editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
HI

I woke up to seeing all kinds of dirt under desk wear pc is. Door open. But no items stolen.

I have ran a few antimalware scanners and installed avg on my desktop after the advent. I will in a few secs live boot some malware scanners and safe mode scan's.

I want to cheek and see if pension log on or live booted a OS on Desktop pc, tablet, laptop, NAS(OMV SBC(Odroid)) or router(MiFi).

The meager thing is I have all my acct's an passwords (including this forum) on 1 file that would only take a few seconds to steal. Over 160 accts from emails to social media to gaming.

Im a noob to linux my odroid omv NAS and MiFi router.

Any suggestions on what I should do ?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If you're worried about this site's account being compromised, we advise that yo enable two step verification. The same should hold true with all your other accounts since that will prevent someone from logging in off another system. If they do try to log in from another system, you'll be notified via email of suspicious login behavior and temporarily lock the account from being accessed unless you prove that it's you.

Reactions: editor1

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
If you're worried about this site's account being compromised, we advise that yo enable two step verification. The same should hold true with all your other accounts since that will prevent someone from logging in off another system. If they do try to log in from another system, you'll be notified via email of suspicious login behavior and temporarily lock the account from being accessed unless you prove that it's you.
tru.. but thay wuld have acses to all my emails too :( I have over 160 accts from emails to social media to gaming.

Last edited:

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
If you are that deeply concerned:
Wipe your PC, full format, leave nothing behind.
On a known to be clean system, change every password you have, immediately.
Never store your login info in a single place, let alone on your PC.

I was hoping I could send some one log file's or some thing or someone tel me how to see. It would take me a long time to re flash stock firms and format HDD and manually writ down my acct's.
Any suggestions on what in the future to do with my acct's login info ?

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
YOu could look at Last Activity View to determine if Windows was even logged on/booted/manipulated during the time period in question...

Windows keeps pretty detailed logs, it's just a matter of viewing them....
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/computer_activity_view.html
Its ok for windows. And it does stat system started but can it see if some one did system started from a usb live boot ? I would test but right now my usb is one of the only garety'd safe device i have left.

EDIT: I dont see any sleep shutdown or bootup on the date/time that the edvint took place. Means thay wer removed... FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
EDIT: Unless the program is fluky. It did not log'd sleep, wake from sllep, shut down or boot !?
EDIT: I dont know what to thaik it's not posting a log every time I shut down and boot. Only some of the time.

Last edited:
are you suspecting someone targeting your PC for info? Of course you can't rule out someone booting from a LiveCD distro in your absence, but, unless you fear someone targeting your publicized $1M bitcoin stash, most home break-ins are not there to steal your sensitive clown photos and try to extract your data, but, if overly worried...

then change EVERYTHING and be done with it....

A BIOS password and Bitlockered OS drive will prevent anyone from browsing your stuff...(need Pro or Enterprise version of WIndows)

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
are you suspecting someone targeting your PC for info? Of course you can't rule out someone booting from a LiveCD distro in your absence, but, unless you fear someone targeting your publicized $1M bitcoin stash, most home break-ins are not there to steal your sensitive clown photos and try to extract your data, but, if overly worried...

then change EVERYTHING and be done with it....

A BIOS password and Bitlockered OS drive will prevent anyone from browsing your stuff...(need Pro or Enterprise version of WIndows)
Ya its odd. I have lots of tools and exspenceve hard wear in garage. I can rule out junky's looking for a quick fix. Thay might have tout thay could come back later with a truck.
And as far as standard user info.. Can be very devastating. Hince keyloggers, phishers and many more apps for that.