Question Help,how do i install BIOS without a CPU?

YDC

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
I just got the 3700x and the Gigabyte Aurous Gaming 7 Wifi x470 but i dont have a 1st or 2nd gen Ryzen to install the newest version of BIOS,and im stuck bc i dont have money for a new cpu even if i return it and i dont have a place that can do this for me for a fee or something.I also dont know how to check if my mobo has the newest bios f40 needed for it to work with my CPU and i dont think my mobo supports Gigabyte's Q Flash Plus.
Any advice is greately appreciated

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am not sure of the process, but AMD is offering "boot kits" that you basically put in the loaner CPU, update BIOS, and then put your current one in, send the other back.
According to where you purchased your mobo some brick and mortar establishments have the ability to do so for you.
Worst comes to worst save up some cash and buy an Athlon 200GE and use, or return the mobo and get a 5xx?

YDC

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
I dont believe any AMD boards allow this and few Intel ones do.

The only option Im aware of is this https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100 Where AMD will send you a loaner CPU.
From Amd's website: Additionally, a summary or copy of communication with the motherboard manufacturer is requested to indicate why support from the Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) is not suitable.
What does this mean?Does that mean i need to ask Gigabyte for help and after they say they cant help i need to send a pic of our convo to AMD so they could confirm?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Without knowing your geographical area...I would look for a computer service center of any kind in your area and give them a call to see what they will charge to flash it. In lieu of that, perhaps get on FB marketplace or local group and see if a local enthusiast might help you with it?

YDC

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
Without knowing your geographical area...I would look for a computer service center of any kind in your area and give them a call to see what they will charge to flash it. In lieu of that, perhaps get on FB marketplace or local group and see if a local enthusiast might help you with it?
i doubt i can get anyone to help me but i will contact the place i got it from and ask for help

YDC

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
How can i know if my mobo has the newest update to run the cpu though?Can i ask gigabyte and give them the serial number so yhey can check or is it impossible?