[SOLVED] (HELP!!) How to fix my pc?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 4, 2021
While ago, i was cleaning my heatsink fan, wiped off the dust and cleaned the cpu. Now my pc wont turn on and if, it shuts down immediately and i noticed that ita temperature increased than its usual. Is it because i am missing something? I did not put anything else on the cpu and heatsink fan before i placed it in its place. Pls help, i am new to this. Thank so much!!!

Solution
To be clear:

Do not keep trying to turn it on before you apply the thermal paste. When you get the thermal paste, apply it to the CPU (there are hundreds of videos you can find online on how to do this) and make sure you properly reseat the heatsink/fan that goes on top of the CPU (again, many, many videos on how to do this). If the fan on the heatsink isn't plugged into the motherboard fan header, it's possible the PC won't turn on at all. And, as GOLGeek stated, the push-pin design of the OEM cooler can be a nightmare to properly install and require quite a bit of force. If it's not installed properly, it'll never cool the way it needs to and you'll overheat with or without thermal paste.
To be clear:

Do not keep trying to turn it on before you apply the thermal paste. When you get the thermal paste, apply it to the CPU (there are hundreds of videos you can find online on how to do this) and make sure you properly reseat the heatsink/fan that goes on top of the CPU (again, many, many videos on how to do this). If the fan on the heatsink isn't plugged into the motherboard fan header, it's possible the PC won't turn on at all. And, as GOLGeek stated, the push-pin design of the OEM cooler can be a nightmare to properly install and require quite a bit of force. If it's not installed properly, it'll never cool the way it needs to and you'll overheat with or without thermal paste.

Solution