[SOLVED] (HELP!!) How to fix my pc?

Mar 4, 2021
While ago, i was cleaning my heatsink fan, wiped off the dust and cleaned the cpu. Now my pc wont turn on and if, it shuts down immediately and i noticed that ita temperature increased than its usual. Is it because i am missing something? I did not put anything else on the cpu and heatsink fan before i placed it in its place. Pls help, i am new to this. Thank so much!!!

Solution
To be clear:

Do not keep trying to turn it on before you apply the thermal paste. When you get the thermal paste, apply it to the CPU (there are hundreds of videos you can find online on how to do this) and make sure you properly reseat the heatsink/fan that goes on top of the CPU (again, many, many videos on how to do this). If the fan on the heatsink isn't plugged into the motherboard fan header, it's possible the PC won't turn on at all. And, as GOLGeek stated, the push-pin design of the OEM cooler can be a nightmare to properly install and require quite a bit of force. If it's not installed properly, it'll never cool the way it needs to and you'll overheat with or without thermal paste.
Mar 4, 2021
So while ago, i posted a question here on why does my pc stopped working. First, i cleaned my heatsink fan and cpu. I forgot to put a thermal paste/compound and ran the computer. I first noticed before it shut down was the temperature is higher than its usual. Now, i read somewhere here that not puttin thermal compound may permanently damage my cpu. My pc wont start to run since after it shut down itself and the display is not detected anymore in the monitor. How can i fix this? Can i still revive it ? Im new to this, pls help

Mar 4, 2021
so you did put in thermal paste and it still not running?

full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

No, i did not put any thermal compunds on it yet as i dont have any of it on me right now. Im wandering if my cpu fully killed itself and if i can still fix it, heres my pc spec

i5-7400
8GB Ram DDR4 2400 MHZ
120GB SSD / 500GB HDD SeaGate
Generic PSU (Goldenfield 480GT 400W)

Ps. I have never encountered any problems with my pc

Mar 4, 2021
No, i did not put any thermal compunds on it yet as i dont have any of it on me right now. Im wandering if my cpu fully killed itself and if i can still fix it, heres my pc spec

i5-7400
8GB Ram DDR4 2400 MHZ

Addition:
I5-7400 @ 3.00 Ghz (not oc'ed)
Intel HD 630 (Integrated Graphics)
No boost or overclock has made on my pc

i5-7400
8GB Ram DDR4 2400 MHZ

You'll never know until you try. Your CPU is probably OK. When it gets too hot it shuts down to prevent damage. How long was it running before it shut down? Make sure you properly clean both the heatsink and CPU before applying the thermal compound to the CPU. There are hundreds of online videos that will show you how to do the whole process.

Mar 4, 2021
You'll never know until you try. Your CPU is probably OK. When it gets too hot it shuts down to prevent damage. How long was it running before it shut down? Make sure you properly clean both the heatsink and CPU before applying the thermal compound to the CPU. There are hundreds of online videos that will show you how to do the whole process.

It ran for about 2-5 mins before i noticed the higher temperature than usual and before it shut down on its own. Sure i will clean it again thoroughly, and should the thermal compound make my pc run again? I placed an order on my nearest shop so probably it will take a day or two to apply a compound on my cpu. But minutes ago i tried to open it to check if its gonna turn on, but no luck so i will wait for the thermal compound to arrive before opening it again