[SOLVED] Help! How to fix sound quality on motherboard?

davew1860

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
The green audio jack (speakers out) produces erratic sound quality.

Sometimes the sound is normal, but sometimes it is faint. It goes in and out of these phases intermittently.

I can control the quality of the sound when I move the plug around slightly into the back of the case. It only requires a slight tilt of the plug to produce normal sound.

But whenever I'm gaming, the sound quality is erratic.

Do I need to have the jack replaced, or is there a less expensive way to fix this?

Hopefully I don't have to replace the motherboard?

Solution

Sometimes the sound is normal, but sometimes it is faint. It goes in and out of these phases intermittently.

I can control the quality of the sound when I move the plug around slightly into the back of the case. It only requires a slight tilt of the plug to produce normal sound.

Do I need to have the jack replaced, or is there a less expensive way to fix this?

Replacing worn out jack in MB can be expensive and not practical but something like this https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Headphone-Microphone-Aluminum-Compatible/dp/B00NMXY2MO can be a good...

Replacing worn out jack in MB can be expensive and not practical but something like this https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Headphone-Microphone-Aluminum-Compatible/dp/B00NMXY2MO can be a good substitute.

Reactions: davew1860
Solution