HELP, how to return to local account?!

tigershrimp

Honorable
Jun 21, 2014
This is a complete disaster i looked through many guides i found on net but none of them helped.. so eh in past i was using local account but microsoft tempted me to create its account and now it swallowed up my local account and keeps asking that crazy ridiculous 28 letter number and symbol password. i totally dont wanna type it every time i turn pc on. but no guides helped me cause in my computer i see no option to switch to local account, here's screenshot!
4BFWzsj.png

if anyone could help id be grateful.also if anyone knows how to enlarge taskbar icons without any active third party software or scaling of whole windows with everything which makes everything else look like crap would be glad to hear.

Solution
did you link your Microsoft account to the local account?

Why not make a new local account and use it instead? https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10
you can copy/paste all the c/users/username folder from old user onto new one and make it admin so its got same access as your old user. All the programs will work, just need to set up browsers and onedrive and Desktop again.

I have avoided linking my current local account to MSA as I wasn't sure if it would do this sort of thing.

tigershrimp

Honorable
Jun 21, 2014

didnt you just read or looked at my screenshot? sign in with local account optino is GONE. i only found that option to switch to local online too.

jatrim2

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
BUMP.

Same problem as tigershrimp originally posted.

I have the same issue. Downloaded Gears of War 4 via the Windows Store, and Microsoft.com took over the password access for my local PC. All the old articles mention a "Sign in with a local account instead" option, which Microsoft removed for people who already logged in. No solution that I can figure out.

Let's fix this together, community! A hack to get around this is totally okay and welcome.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you link your Microsoft account to the local account?

Why not make a new local account and use it instead? https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10
you can copy/paste all the c/users/username folder from old user onto new one and make it admin so its got same access as your old user. All the programs will work, just need to set up browsers and onedrive and Desktop again.

I have avoided linking my current local account to MSA as I wasn't sure if it would do this sort of thing.

Solution

Latest posts