Help! How to update/flash the Bios? newb question! P5N-E

kyosuke

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
OK, so I just bought a P5N-E last night (waiting on arrival ofc ) and I'm wondering about what order I should do things in for updating the Bios.. As I know this motherboard needs the bios update, etc....

Do I install the OS first, get the system all setup, etc.. and somehow do it from Windows?
OR
Do I save the bios update to a cd/dvd (what a waste lol) and pop it in the dvd-rom for whenthe system starts up?
OR
Do I need to get a floppy drive for the system and such?

Sorry for the newb question, but I've neevr flashed a motherboard bios.. just bios for video cards :) and I used a floppy then...

anyway, any help would be great!!

SilentBob66

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2007
You can flash the bios with a usb memory stick if you have one. Or, you can use a floppy drive, or there is an Asus windows update app (some people thing this is a bad way to do it)

For the USB you just go into the bios like normal (but with the usb stick) and go to the Tools tab. then got to the second choice (I think its EZflash or something like that)

It's all in the manual when you get it

kyosuke

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
well, i wasn't planning on buying a floppy for this build. picking up a flahs drive sound sbetter.

Should I install my OS first before flashing the bios?
I will have my other comp running right next to me, so i can download it to the flahs drive from there.
Or will I need to install the OS and load inthe flash drive, etc...?