HELP!! HP Pavilion wont boot up!

Good day! I have a HP Pavilion that I recently loaded XP Professional
on. It has been working fine for the last couple of weeks and then,
last night, when I turned the PC on, it went to the first blue screen
(the one that says HP Invent) and would go no further. I turned it
off and restarted and that didnt work either - I pushed every
function key and even tried to run the HP system restore CD - to no
avail...

Any suggestions? Thank you.

I also got the HP Invent blue screen only. It started today after trying to
replace a CD drive. I cannot get past the HP blue screen and the computer
will not boot. I have tried to put everything back to orginal stage, then
removing all io cards, however the blue screen stays. No beeps from the
bios when it turns on. I am at a totall loss. Any ideas.

Have you removed the CD Drive and see?

Dewaine

HPTROuble wrote:

> I also got the HP Invent blue screen only. It started today after trying to
> replace a CD drive. I cannot get past the HP blue screen and the computer
> will not boot. I have tried to put everything back to orginal stage, then
> removing all io cards, however the blue screen stays. No beeps from the
> bios when it turns on. I am at a totall loss. Any ideas.

Exactly what HP Pavilion model do you have? Are you able to access the
BIOS (usually by pressing F1 at start-up on Pavilion PCs)? Can you
hear the hard drive spinning up when you first start the computer?
Have you installed any new hardware since upgrading to Windows XP?

Did anyone figure out how to get past the HP blue screen? Just happened to my HP pavilion 754n - and all I was doing was copying a music CD to iTunes when the computer shut itself off... then upon reboot, all I get is the blue screen...

TRENDING THREADS