Question [Help] I can't connect my fan to the Aorus B450 Elite

Dec 12, 2019
Hi all!

I’ll try to be very brief. I’m building my first PC and I can’t connect the fan cable from my case (Corsair Carbide 175R) to my motherboard (Aorus B450 Elite). I can connect this cable to the LED_CPU but I can’t connect it either to SYS_FAN1 or to SYS_FAN2. I’ll attach some photos in this thread:

Qm2cIRZ.jpg

Fan cable that came with the Corsair 175R

ko8BFnH.jpg

Photo of the motherboard with the connections that I tried

hVY9diT.png

Image from the motherboard manual

PcT9Xdx.jpg

Image from the motherboard website

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks! :)

Dec 12, 2019
There are two connectors that came with the case, this one with four pins, I guess, is for the RGB, and there's another smaller 3-pin connector which I think is the fan connector. My motherboard only has 4-pin connectors for the fans but I guess it should work with the 3-pin as well. I'm waiting for the CPU and the RAMs to arrive to turn this PC on. I'll wait to see if it'll work!

There are two connectors that came with the case, this one with four pins, I guess, is for the RGB, and there's another smaller 3-pin connector which I think is the fan connector. My motherboard only has 4-pin connectors for the fans but I guess it should work with the 3-pin as well. I'm waiting for the CPU and the RAMs to arrive to turn this PC on. I'll wait to see if it'll work!
First picture shows what's most probably RGB connector and yes 3pin fan can also work in 4 pin headers but you'll most probably have to change the header operation mode to Voltage regulation mode.