Question HELP I can't find a motherboard to support my LAPTOP

Nov 7, 2019
I can't find a motherboard for my Qosmio X70-B Laptop that came with an inherent fault with the logic board.

Please help me find one that can support my CPU

Intel I7 4710HQ
Socket: 1364 BGA
DDR3 RAM 8GB

thank you.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just a thought, but if that brand and model came with an inherent fault in the logic board, it would stand to reason there's 2 possible conclusions.
  1. pretty much every other mobo will have possibly the same inherent fault,
  2. Knowing about the fault, there's an upgraded/fixed version and only the Vendor will have access to that info.

Check with them.

Reactions: FpsRicho
Thank you for your response. thats just the problem I can't seem to find a laptop motherboard that will support the CPU

i would check with toshiba first before purchasing this motherboard do you have the old board still on hand ?

there will be a part number on it and a revision if we avoid that particular revision and its possible that there isnt a solution

Last edited:
Reactions: FpsRicho
Nov 7, 2019
i would check with toshiba first before purchasing this motherboard do you have the old board still on hand ?

there will be a part number on it and a revision if we avoid that particular revision and its possible that there isnt a solution
Just a thought, but if that brand and model came with an inherent fault in the logic board, it would stand to reason there's 2 possible conclusions.
  1. pretty much every other mobo will have possibly the same inherent fault,
  2. Knowing about the fault, there's an upgraded/fixed version and only the Vendor will have access to that info.
Check with them.
Thank you for your advise, I also took into consideration if I buy the same motherboard it will most likely have the same inherent fault.

I will contact toshiba to see if they can help.

Thank you

Nov 7, 2019

I'm currently away from the motherboard at the moment, but I will be able to have a look soon to find the information you are asking for,

Thank you

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The 17.3-inch multimedia notebook is equipped with an Intel Core i7-4710HQ and the AMD Radeon R9 M265X. The package for 1,300 Euros (~$1411) also comes with 16 GB memory and a 1 TB hard drive with 8 GB SSD cache. Other important specifications are the speakers from Harman/Kardon, a Blu-ray burner as well as a Full HD display.

Couple different spec options, Op got 8Gb of ram instead, and not sure what or what not else.

So yes, it's viable.

I believe the issue is that the x70-b is BGA (ball grid array) and soldered to the mobo, whereas the x70-a is PGA (pin grid array) so the cpu is seperate from the socket. To replace a BGA mobo means replacing everything, so I get the feeling that between the BGA status and inherent fault in the mobo, ppl are not fixing the issue as much as tossing it in the bin and buying a new notebook.

Last edited: