Help: I can't print via spooler. Printing directly to prin..

W2k SP4. How do I reset the spooler for this printer ?

Thanks

at the command prompt or Run box
NET STOP SPOOLER
NET START SPOOLER

Bob I wrote:
> at the command prompt or Run box
> NET STOP SPOOLER
> NET START SPOOLER
>
> Al Dykes wrote:
>

>> W2k SP4. How do I reset the spooler for this printer ?
>>
>> Thanks

Thanks, but that hasn't solved my problem.

I'm getting an Event ID 61 when I try to print thru the spooler. If I
have the spool window open while I try to print I see the job there for
a moment and then disappear into the black hole.

Any suggestions ?

Is this for a network printer?

Was the print server port setup via IP or name?

> Bob I wrote:
>> at the command prompt or Run box
>> NET STOP SPOOLER
>> NET START SPOOLER
>>
>> Al Dykes wrote:
>>

>>> W2k SP4. How do I reset the spooler for this printer ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

> Thanks, but that hasn't solved my problem.
>
> I'm getting an Event ID 61 when I try to print thru the spooler. If I
> have the spool window open while I try to print I see the job there
> for a moment and then disappear into the black hole.
>
> Any suggestions ?

Try

Create a folder called spool in the root of c:
Start
Settings
Printers
<Printers windows opens>
File
Server Properties
Advanced tab
(note the location of the current spool folder in case you want to
return to that)
change the location to C:\spool

perform a
net stop spooler
net start spooler
from a CMD prompt

Hopefully it will now work.

You could go to the original spool folder and clear any files that may
be hanging about if you want to return to stock location.

Also if it still isn't working try updating or reinstalling the print
drivers

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

> Bob I wrote:
>> at the command prompt or Run box
>> NET STOP SPOOLER
>> NET START SPOOLER
>>
>> Al Dykes wrote:
>>

>>> W2k SP4. How do I reset the spooler for this printer ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

> Thanks, but that hasn't solved my problem.
>
> I'm getting an Event ID 61 when I try to print thru the spooler. If I
> have the spool window open while I try to print I see the job there
> for a moment and then disappear into the black hole.
>
> Any suggestions ?

PS

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=61&eventno=47&source=Print&phase=1