[SOLVED] Help, I deleted everything on my pc

Oct 29, 2019
So I downloaded Eraser to permanantley delete files on my drive but being the idiot that I am I deleted EVERYTHING. When I start it up it'll do some process then switch and it says "Press any key to boot from the device" I'd press a key then it just shows the same thing. Really need some help since I've got essays to do.

Solution
Well, you don't have an operating system now. You'll have to install Windows or Linux.

And if you need a chance to recover files on your drive that you did not back up, you're going to need to install Windows on another hard drive so that you don't overwrite the remains of your old files. No guarantee, of course, and it depends on which method in Eraser you used.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Well, you don't have an operating system now. You'll have to install Windows or Linux.

And if you need a chance to recover files on your drive that you did not back up, you're going to need to install Windows on another hard drive so that you don't overwrite the remains of your old files. No guarantee, of course, and it depends on which method in Eraser you used.

Solution
I have no good news for you. You used a program designed to permanently erase files. The whole point is you can't recover them. Yes you might be able to still recover them, if you told eraser to not do the job it was designed to do.

The only thing you could possibly do is recover from a backup... you know, the one Windows said you needed to do. Not that the windows backup works great, there are better back up programs.

So, say you made a system image backup recently. That would be the way to recover.