[SOLVED] Help, I dont know about PCs

Jan 26, 2019
So guys, I really need your help because I have no idea how to build a PC and what fits where. I am not going to build it myself, I was thinking of buying the parts and have someone build it for me or just substitute the parts, so the built PC I bought has:

System Specification
Processor - AMD A4-6300 Dual 2-Core APU/CPU ProcessorGraphics Chip - Radeon 8370D Integrated Graphics ChipRAM - 4 GB DDR3 1600MHz High Speed RAM MemoryHDD - 1000GB (1TB) Hard Drive Storage SpaceCase - Kolink Stronghold Gaming Case - Tempered GlassHydrographics - Custom hydro dipped caseOperating System - Pre-Installed Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System

What I would like to know is if these parts that I already have would fit in it, and if not what would I have to change to fit them all. These are parts i have:

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3,6GHz socket AM4 box.

Crucial Ballistix Tactital DDR4 PC 21300/21666 MHz CL16 8 GB

Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse Mini HDMI DP 4 GB.

Thanks guys.

Solution
You would need a new motherboard. Your old motherboard is not compatible with AM4 processors. You need a B450 or X470 motherboard.

I'd also return the RAM and get faster RAM; Ryzen gets a pretty big boost from fast RAM and suffers a lot from slow RAM and yours is quite slow.

It's also hard to say for sure on any kind of upgrade without details of the power supply. The power supply is the most crucial part of your build, the heart of your system.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You would need a new motherboard. Your old motherboard is not compatible with AM4 processors. You need a B450 or X470 motherboard.

I'd also return the RAM and get faster RAM; Ryzen gets a pretty big boost from fast RAM and suffers a lot from slow RAM and yours is quite slow.

It's also hard to say for sure on any kind of upgrade without details of the power supply. The power supply is the most crucial part of your build, the heart of your system.

Solution
Jan 26, 2019
What Ram should I buy?
I dont have the PC with me yet so I dont know about the power supply, but what would be the basic power supply?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

DDR4-2666 is probably the slowest I'd go on any Ryzen build.

There's no "basic power supply." Power supplies are branded, have specs, and run the gamut from something that will run your PC for a decade safely to literal garbage. If you didn't buy the power supply, you'll have to actually look at it to see what you have.

Jan 26, 2019
Can I buy a good power supply that will fit now just for sure and if its not needed I just return it or do I I have to know the model or something like that?

Jan 26, 2019
Is a Kingston HyperX Pred DDR4-3200 DC - 16GB good with a Ryzen?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

You may already have a decent power supply. No idea without you looking at it and identifying it.

As for buying a power supply, the newer Corsair CX series (no green letter on the PSU) tends to be the least expensive budget power supply worth buying.