Question Help i Have tried everything!

Jul 30, 2019
I have been trying everything to download windows 10 onto this 16 gb usb. i am currently using a macbook air 2017. I am running mac os Mojave. I formatted my usb drive to fat 32 also tried exfat. everytime I use boot camp and start the transfer process to the usb it says the usb is not bootable. Any insight would be appreciated.

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Well I'm going to take a wild guess and say that if you find a desktop with Microsoft OS you're going to find it easier to download the new OS to your 16 gig usb. Maybe the library would let you do it. I would expect Apple to have a no-go block in there to make sure no one tries to load the Microsoft OS on to a Mac (which by the way, a lot of this stuff can be done, by those who have the knowing.) It's been nearly twenty years but I seem to remember I had a lot of difficulty transferring files from a Mac to a non-mac. It is true they have gotten friendlier to that in recent years, but the OS may be a step they don't want to take.

This kind of stuff is out there....

Good luck,
Greg N

Jul 30, 2019
Well I'm going to take a wild guess and say that if you find a desktop with Microsoft OS you're going to find it easier to download the new OS to your 16 gig usb. Maybe the library would let you do it. I would expect Apple to have a no-go block in there to make sure no one tries to load the Microsoft OS on to a Mac (which by the way, a lot of this stuff can be done, by those who have the knowing.) It's been nearly twenty years but I seem to remember I had a lot of difficulty transferring files from a Mac to a non-mac. It is true they have gotten friendlier to that in recent years, but the OS may be a step they don't want to take.

This kind of stuff is out there....

Good luck,
Greg N
Thanks for the input but I actually figured it out it was a big process lol!