[SOLVED] Help! I Need a high/normal-profile Bracket for the MSI GeForce GT 1030 2G LP OC and No One Sells It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2022
The title says it all.

Im currently upgrading an old pc and bought an MSI GeForce GT 1030 2G LP OC off Ebay assuming that it would come with a normal profile bracket however the card came without a normal bracket only a low profilr! No body appears so sell then and I can only find a LP bracket for this card online. Its the DP and HDMI version? Has anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this to the case? Risers? Removed by mod

Any help would be amazing

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The title says it all.

Im currently upgrading an old pc and bought an MSI GeForce GT 1030 2G LP OC off Ebay assuming that it would come with a normal profile bracket however the card came without a normal bracket only a low profilr! No body appears so sell then and I can only find a LP bracket for this card online. Its the DP and HDMI version? Has anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this to the case? Risers? Removed by mod

Thanks!
A 1030 can probably run without a bracket. Is it possible that moving monitor cables could cause the card to come unplugged? Sure. You have to decide if that risk is too great.

kanewolf

Titan
The title says it all.

Thanks!
A 1030 can probably run without a bracket. Is it possible that moving monitor cables could cause the card to come unplugged? Sure. You have to decide if that risk is too great.

Reactions: Healy93
Solution
Jan 12, 2022
those are small light cards I would just stick it in the PCI-E slot and not worry about it.

Edit might even try a zip tie.
Well I did think about that, I think I have 3 choices, use it without, try and modify the bracket somehow or convince someone to sell me one 🤔. Zip tie is a good idea might try that first!

Status
Not open for further replies.