[SOLVED] Help, I need this folder permission error to NEVER happen again.

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
I absolutely hate microsoft right now. I am having the hardest time with something so basic that I can do in literally every other program I have ever used within 3 seconds. I need to find my .exe file for a game that was installed thru their horrible windows game pass thing. It's a total joke and if it weren't for a really good deal to play this new game for 1$, I wouldn't even waste my time.

http://prntscr.com/s7npyr

I swear they made this sytem for people who never used a computer, nothing about it makes any sense at all. You can't select the directory at all, you search all the drives and nothing. I do some searching and apparently this is the folder you need to get into, but I can't get into it. I need help removing this error. Everything I go into makes no progress. I try to go in permissions, but you can't change jack.

This is my computer and nobody else ever uses it. I don't want any folder, ever, to be locked out for any reason. I don't care if it's a huge security threat. I own this and do not want a single folder that I can't access at any point I randomly decided. Maybe it's a safety thing, honestly I don't care. I bought windows and the computer, let me do anything I want. There must be some way to globally disable everything like this. It's beyond frustrating.

One hour in and I haven't touched the damn game yet. I need to get into my GPU settings and manually add this game in, but you can't do it w/o finding the .EXE. It's pathetic that I must do this, but of course microsoft game pass doesn't automatically show up the games in the gpu settings which is needed to proper setup.

I don't know how else to describe this software other than 100% pure trash. There is no reason I can't get to the folder from this.

http://prntscr.com/s7ntor

Seriously, you can't just right click and go to folder? You can't even put it on your desktop. It's trash, I can pick to start or taskbar, but not desktop. The only way to do that would be find the .exe file and create shortcut to desktop, but you can't get the damn .exe file. Someone should be fired, lol.

Solution
All you have to do after following this is to add your account in the advanced security properties for the folder. It takes like 20 seconds to do this.

And no, you didn't buy Windows. You bought a license to use Windows on your PC, a license which comes with some restrictions and limitations.

USAFRet

Titan
This is my computer and nobody else ever uses it. I don't want any folder, ever, to be locked out for any reason. I don't care if it's a huge security threat. I own this and do not want a single folder that I can't access at any point I randomly decided. Maybe it's a safety thing, honestly I don't care. I bought windows and the computer, let me do anything I want. There must be some way to globally disable everything like this. It's beyond frustrating.
Operating systems don't work like that.
Not Windows, not Apple, not android, not even Linux.

Either you can learn how to work in Windows, or you can learn how to work in some other OS.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
All you have to do after following this is to add your account in the advanced security properties for the folder. It takes like 20 seconds to do this.

And no, you didn't buy Windows. You bought a license to use Windows on your PC, a license which comes with some restrictions and limitations.

Solution