[SOLVED] Help I pressed a button near my case and now my monitor won’t connect

Oct 11, 2019
Ok so after 8 months of problems with my build I finally got it to work. It turned out to be a bios update as seen my B450M PRO-VDH MAX wasn’t compatible with my Ryzen 5 3600. I just brought another mother board and installed it. I know I could have bought a 1st gen cpu but I was just tired of this not working. So I continued and was able to play games on it. Well I went to turn it off today and I accidentally pressed a button near the power button, which turned a white light on my mother board. Now my computer won’t connect to my monitor. Please can someone help me. I can send a picture to where the buttons lead to the mother board. I also cleared the cmos not sure If I now have to buy a lower gen cpu to reset the bios. I just want to use my pc man

Solution
Ok, so looking up your case, there are only two buttons on top. One is power and the other is presumably the reset. Unfortunately the follow along by pictures manual didn't offer too much by way of information. I would, based on what you are saying, verify where you have the power and other "front panel" wires connected to the right pins.
Oct 11, 2019
Ok so after 8 months of problems with my build I finally got it to work. It turned out to be a bios update as seen my B450M PRO-VDH MAX wasn’t compatible with my Ryzen 5 3600. I just brought another mother board and installed it. I know I could have bought a 1st gen cpu but I was just tired of this not working. So I continued and was able to play games on it. Well I went to turn it off today and I accidentally pressed a button near the power button, which turned a white light on my mother board. Now my computer won’t connect to my monitor. Please can someone help me. I can send a picture to where the buttons lead to the mother board. I also cleared the cmos not sure If I now have to buy a lower gen cpu to reset the bios. I just want to use my pc man
When I also plug in the either net cable the motherboard lights don’t light up. And the button I pressed is on top of the case not the back were all the wires are connected. Every time I press that button the fans lower in speed and a white light on the mother board turns on. After a couple of seconds the fans speed up to normal and the light goes away. But now the monitor doesn’t detect to pc

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Ok, so looking up your case, there are only two buttons on top. One is power and the other is presumably the reset. Unfortunately the follow along by pictures manual didn't offer too much by way of information. I would, based on what you are saying, verify where you have the power and other "front panel" wires connected to the right pins.

Reactions: JoshuaSD
Solution
Oct 11, 2019
Yeah I believe they are connected correctly, I was looking it up and I think it’s the psu? When I pressed that button on accident it caused my monitor to disconnect and then there was no signal. No when ever I turn it back on there is still no signal.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
By system configuration, I mean this:

CPU: AMD Ruzen 5 3600X
Motherboard: MSI B450 Pro VDH MAX
RAM: Teamgroup T Force Delta 16GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB
GPU: PowerColor RX 590 8GB
Case: Cooler Master NR400
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650 Gold

This was the list under the details for the video you linked. You used these exact parts?

Reactions: JoshuaSD
Oct 11, 2019
By system configuration, I mean this:

CPU: AMD Ruzen 5 3600X
Motherboard: MSI B450 Pro VDH MAX
RAM: Teamgroup T Force Delta 16GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB
GPU: PowerColor RX 590 8GB
Case: Cooler Master NR400
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650 Gold

This was the list under the details for the video you linked. You used these exact parts?
Yeah the exact parts, and ok I’ll do that for now on when someone asks lol. Sorry about that.

Oct 11, 2019
Ok, so have you checked the manual to see if that white light means something specific?
Do you have a speaker attached to the motherboard in order to hear beep codes if they are present?
Manual doesn’t say anything and I don’t have a speaker. I figured out what the reset button does. Could it be that I somehow messed up my mother board?

Oct 11, 2019
Manual doesn’t say anything and I don’t have a speaker. I figured out what the reset button does. Could it be that I somehow messed up my mother board?
Never mind I found a pdf of the manual. I’m just going to return the motherboard and get a new one. Thank you for the help though. I’m going to tape something on the reset button so that this never happens again