HELP i7 7700

benno7486

Reputable
Oct 24, 2015
Hi,

So I recently sold my computer which had an i7 7700 CPU

When I sold it I emailed the specs to the guy and said for CPU

“i7 7700 Quad Core 8 Thread 4.2GHZ CPU”

The guy has got the computer and before even using it for a day he is complaining that I apparently scamed him and decieved him. He is claiming that the CPU is 3.6GHZ when I said 4.2GHZ.

I went on intels website and it says turbo @ 4.2GHZ, I do not think I have decieved anyone by saying 4.2GHZ speed? I had all the modes on high performance and I could see the chip going over 4ghz in games and things?

I don’t know what to do, please help me.

Thanks

Solution
So, it's the sellers fault for someone not researching what they buy? The 7700 Turbos to 4.2ghz. Aslong as the seller did not advertise a 7700K it is the purchasers fault. It's not like there are different variations of the 7700. If there was......

Rakanyshu

Distinguished
he can claim what ever he wants there is only one i7 7700 so is his fault for not reading about the thing he was purchasing. if you messed up and say it was a i7 7700k then thats another story but you should always check the model reference in the manufacturers site before buying the stuff.

It's a 3.60 GHz processor with a maximum turbo single core frequency of 4.2 GHz. If you went into the motherboard BIOS and turned on sync all cores then that is considered overclocking since it deviates from Intel's official specs for that processor.

benno7486

Reputable
Oct 24, 2015
This is what he txt me:

“”””
I have contacted a hardware professional - he will come for a check.
He told there are two processor. One is 4.2 base and other is base 3.6 base which can turbo up to 4.2.
But you committed me was 4.2 and not 3.6 and did not say it's 4.2 when turbo which everyone does.

I will contact you after the total check and we shall decide on how to proceed.

I am really sad and disappointed as I waited for months to save up and research for a pc to cater my needs.

Speed really matter to me.
And that's the only reason I bought this off you.

I never thought this would happen and it's quite unfortunate.

“”””

The i7-7700K is a 4.20 GHz processor that has a maximum turbo single core frequency of 4.5 GHz. I have one right here with me. On the retail box it specifies that it is a 4.2 GHz processor because all four physical cores are specified to be able to operate at that speed. The turbo clock speed doesn't appear anywhere on the retail box.

What you sold is a 3.60 GHz processor because that is what an Intel Core i7-7700 is.

Impossible to dispute the buyer when it's laser etched on the integrated heat spreader:
Intel_Corei7-7700_Processor.jpg

WildCard999

Titan
It will only turbo a single core up to 4.2. You may not of done this intentionally but it doesn't mean it isn't wrong. If I was the buyer and expected a CPU that was a minimum of 4.2 with a higher boost clock when needed (again this would only be on a single or maybe two cores) I'd probably be quite upset as well especially if it was a substantial amount of money which it sounds like due to his text.

At least it sounds like he's willing to figure something out instead of asking for a refund.

Shotta06

Honorable
May 4, 2017
So, it's the sellers fault for someone not researching what they buy? The 7700 Turbos to 4.2ghz. Aslong as the seller did not advertise a 7700K it is the purchasers fault. It's not like there are different variations of the 7700. If there was......

Solution