Help ID'ing root of problem

tarheelfan

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Ok I am really not sure what the problem is here and need a little help. I keep getting the Nvidia drivers version XXX.XX has stopped responding or the Nvidia Kernal has stopped responding error messages. This only occurs when I am running recommended settings for SLI and try to start a game. Single GPU does not cause problems. Additionally it only occurs after the computer wakes up from sleep mode.

If I do a fresh restart of the computer, games work great, with no problems and SLI set to recommended settings. I have replicated this many times. Even playing for a long time there are no problems. Possible problems I have ruled out:

1. Heat-No reason it works one minute and not the next after sleep, also temps well within normal limits.
2.Faulty card- Tried running both cards individually in the main slot with no problems.
3. Bad overclock or wrong voltages. I removed my overclocks and adjusted my RAM to recommended settings.
4. Bad drivers. I have tried old drivers, new drivers and used Driver sweeper inbetween them all.

My specs are:
Asus P7P55D PRO LGA Motherboard
Intel i5 750 with after market cooling
G. Skill Ripjaw series 4GB RAM. DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24
2x EVGA Nvidia 260 GTX cards
Xigmatex NRP-MC751 PSU, 80+ Certified, 750 Watts, 72amps across 4 rails
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

PSU is less than 1 year old. It seems up to snuff for this rig. Is there any other ideas as to what could cause this problem?

tarheelfan

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Ok...Removed the SLI bridge and Voila! No more game crashes after going into sleep mode. Seems very strange that the SLI bridge was the culprit. Running my standard overclocks on cpu and ram and all is still well. Guess I'll need to buy a new SLI bridge.

TRENDING THREADS