Help in choosing a new motherboard

adamkeinan1

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017
so after i builded my new PCi had to discover that my MSI x299 motherboard is a total mess.i had to battle with it for like a 2 weeks which is a too long for a guy like me.
at first i decided that "MSI=QUALITY" and now i feel so stupid because i know a bit about computers,im a IT guy lol.i decided to RMA this motherboard to MSI and for me its over with them i don't want anything with their boards in the near future.i cant remember when was the last time i had a PC that was broken or malfunction after less than two years.

i intend to buy a new motherboard to my PC and i narrowed my list at https://pcpartpicker.com to this ones:
Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING
Asus PRIME X299-A
Asus - TUF X299 MARK 2
Gigabyte - X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming ATX LGA2066
Gigabyte X299 AORUS Gaming 7

if one of you have one of this motherboards or can help me choose better this time i would really appreciate your help.
thanks!!!

I don't think you will find any ** real** statistical difference between the major vendors as a whole ... everybody has their own anecdotal experience and hates somebody. But, statistically, based upon real data, there's just no case to be made, "brand wide" the differences are within the sampling margin oF error.

http://www.hardware.fr/articles/962-2/cartes-meres.html

Gigabyte 1,48%
ASRock 1,55%
ASUS 1,59%
MSI 1,63%

Now individually, by model number, the differences are wide. Here w/ X99 (no X299 data available yet) for example, Asus owns the two top spots in the"Worst MoBo" category

5,59% ASUS X99 Strix Gaming
3,45% MSI X99A Gaming 7
3,17% ASUS X99-A II

All of those boards have far to little sales to rank any of them based upon user satisfaction or RMA rate. From previous experience, the TUF is a very solid board, tho not really gaming oriented. My 2 fav boards here are the Gigabyte Aurorus and the MSI Titanium.

adamkeinan1

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017

a big part of what your saying is true because only before 1h i just understood that the error on m board is a commoc error on all motherboards,which means the brand can be fine and the model also but this motherboard specificly not.still,i would not take the risk and buy the same model.

secondly-i cant buy a MSI Titanum from incompatibility issues.

the MSI i can afford and buy are:
MSI X299 GAMING M7 ACK LGA2066 ATX 8
MSI X299 SLI PLUS LGA2066
MSI X299 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC LGA2066 ATX 8
MSI X299 TOMAHAWK LGA2066 ATX