Question Help in deciding with processor and graphics card

iikii

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
Hi, I need some help with deciding the processor and graphic cards, I think it's been several years since I bought a new computer.

I am going to use the computer for Unreal engine 5 and other 3d softwares.

Which Intel-core/ Ryzen processor and graphics card is recommended with the least cost?

I am using this website to get buy the cpu, it has options to choose the parts - https://www.mansacomputers.com/products/standard-atx

thanks

iikii

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
What is your budget, and what do you want to do with the system? If you want to game, at what resolution?

My budget is under 2k, I am primarily using for work (unreal engine, unity, maya, zbrush, aftereffects) and gaming too. I don't really have a idea on resolution but probably something decent.

KyaraM

Admirable
My budget is under 2k, I am primarily using for work (unreal engine, unity, maya, zbrush, aftereffects) and gaming too. I don't really have a idea on resolution but probably something decent.
That budget and lack of information on the resolution makes it a bit complicated, at least on that website. I would consider other sources, they are overpriced assuming you live in the US, not Canada or something. "Something decent" can also mean anything from 1080p to 4K, and we would also need to know if the monitor is included in the budget or not since that changes a lot. Same goes for Windows, though that can be had for under 20 bucks if you know where to look. Personally, I would go with something like this:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JVrp6r

I left out the GPU in that list because this is the trickiest part and I will write a bit about that further below. You can also downgrade the CPU if you feel it is too expensive. Alternatives would be the 5900X, 12900K/13700K, and 12700K/13600K at the higher end (with different mainboards, of course) that would fit your budget. I'm not sure how much CPU power you will need exactly, so I went to the higher tier for it. If you need less, usually AMD seems to have slightly higher productivity score at a price point, however, it often is a wash between both companies and I would look at the price, not just of the CPU, but the platform as a whole. Part of why I eliminated Ryzen 7000 here is that I feel that it would get too expensive quickly due to DDR5 and mainboard costs. DDR5 would be faster, especially in productivity, but also more expensive. Especially since you want more RAM than the average user, 32GB or 64GB, which eats into the budget a lot when it comes to DDR5.

With the GPU, I was looking at this website:
This lists multiple GPUs from Intel, AMD and Nvidia at different price points. In general, it seems like Nvidia will have a leg up over AMD at any given price bracket, but the Arc A770 is really well-suited for your workloads as well and would be one of the most affordable options; it lags behind a bit in gaming compared to the options below, though, however, it is, like, half the price of a 4070Ti, for example. Generally, it seems like an RTX 3060(Ti), RTX 3070(Ti), or RTX 4070Ti would work best and be the most well-rounded. If you can find a 6900XT or 6950XT for cheap, that would be okay, too. I doubt it, though. And they are more suited for gaming than productivity. It kinda depends on what you value more, work or gaming, though I would prioritize work, personally. Also, can you assemble a computer yourself, or know someone who can? If not, you would need to leave about 150 bucks for a shop that can do it for you.

Reactions: iikii
Hi, I need some help with deciding the processor and graphic cards, I think it's been several years since I bought a new computer.

I am going to use the computer for Unreal engine 5 and other 3d softwares.

Which Intel-core/ Ryzen processor and graphics card is recommended with the least cost?

I am using this website to get buy the cpu, it has options to choose the parts - https://www.mansacomputers.com/products/standard-atx

thanks
Without knowing what your budget is, I would have no idea what would be good for you.