HELP IN MY RESEARCH PAPER!!!!!!!

G

Hi guys, I'm working on an econ paper for my college. It's going to be on Intel and AMD's oligopoly in the computer chip market...basically I need to have some reference webpages in helping me get some infos...

some things I need to know

1) The history of intel's role in the market
2) The history of AMD in the market
3) The wars between them
4) The significance of their roadmaps
5) Analysis of the cons and pros of their structure-conduct- performance of both firms

it has to be a 20 page paper (yes, it's for college) so I need to have some detailed information if possible...

I would really appreciate if someone actually working at intel or AMD could provide their emails so I can ask questions directly, or anyone educated enough in this topic can also help me out...

THANX ALOT!!!!!!!!

Dai

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ah well my friend,

Intel and AMD are actually the same company. Intel discovered that going beyond a few hundred Mhz processor speed made V. little difference to the apps most people run. Therefore, with amazing forethought, they created another company to compete with them that would create a new buzz in the market and make people wanna spend loads backsheesh to prove that their processor is better than the competitors.

I've now overclocked my Sinclair Z80 to 1 tiga Hz and it beats the [-peep-] outa everything: Playing asteroids in the freezer is hard but boy, do those rocks move!

morc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Did you try the companies' web pages and contact pages. There's always a short description of the company and you may try to contact the PR guys. They'll probably help you.

Morc

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Amd had been around from the beginning along with intel. For quite a while they worked together to build technologies leading up to the 386 lines. Everything they came up with independently was shared between the two until Intel broke off and decided to do their own thing independent from AMD. AMD as a company has been around a long time. Also intel was never declared a "dead" company by forbes. This company went from dead in 1993-94 to major competition for intel in only 6 years. Imagine what they can do with another 6 years.
To be more specific Intel was founded in1968 and Amd was founded May 1, 1969. Intel made a $5000 profit its first year.
Also Amd grew asparagus for a few years. And the sad thing is that I'm not making that up.

"Are you saying that I can dodge bullets?"

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I know it's strange, but speaking literally. In fact in a book that the company made about its self around the time of the k6-3 line, they have a full chapter called "the asparagus years".

"Are you saying that I can dodge bullets?"

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
every day I learn something new... and then I regret it...:)

Asparagus & AMD... two concepts I would never have put togethere myself... as a matter of fact, I rarely put the conecpt of asparagus with anything else at all:)

Thanx for enlighting us:)
(any more details about the AMD's mystical involvement with asparagus would be highly appreciated)

TRENDING THREADS