Help in pc config under $1000( Rs 40,000)

nkhlgeorge

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Hey
i wanted to buy an assembled PC in June-July 2009. I will be using it for basic home requirements such as word, powerepoint, internet. and som egaming too- Im not a hardcore gamer or anything, i just want my computer to be able to run the latest games( not necessarily best resolution). and i dont wanna upgrade it atleast for two years.

Thanxx in advance.

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
You want to buy a prebuilt PC? If that is the case then go to ibuypower.com or cyberpowerpc.com, you can customize and configure your pc there and they will build it and test it for you...just be aware that they are a business and need to make money somehow. It would be cheaper to build it yourself.

If you want to buy june/july, come back then and ask for advice, prices will be very different then and we will give you different advice than we would now. ATI and Nvidia will release their next round of GPU's around then, which will slash the prices on current GPU's, DDR3 memory will also get cheaper, and new processors will have been released too. There is no sense in asking for build advice 4-5 months ahead of time, the scene will change completely in that amount of time.

nkhlgeorge

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
no i dont wanna buy a prebuilt pc, want imenat was that i want an assembled pc-the pasrts of which ill buy, not a branded 1. thnxx i wanted the config

nkhlgeorge

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009

will the prices reduce??

bossman34

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
Yes, prices will change in the next 3-4 months. If you don't plan on buying until then, do as much research as you can and make an informed decision then. Of course, everybody here will be willing to help when the time comes, but it helps if you know what you're looking for!