Help Inno 3D GTX1050ti!

hibariokcej22

Reputable
Sep 11, 2017
Hi,

I purchased Inno 3D GTX1050ti today and then I realized that I'm using a VGA monitor, so I can't connect it to the GPU. Is there any way that I can use the GPU with the monitor connected to the VGA port?

Thanks.

SPECS:
AMD A8-7600
6GB RAM 1X4GB 1X2GB
WIN 7 64BIT
1200X1024 MONITOR

Solution
You must still have an active adaptor, some can get power from the connector itself......I know display port is powered, didn't...

Baekgaard

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
Hello! I am using one myself, you have to buy a VGA to HDMI adaptor or A VGA to DVI adaptor, I prefer a VGA to HDMI adaptor since the HDMI port is easy to fit, whereas in a VGA to DVI adaptor, you have to know how many pins your DVI Slot has, weather it is a DVI-D or a DVi-I connection.

The most important thing is to buy an "active" adaptor. This means an adaptor which actively converts digital into analog. Don't buy an adaptor which is simply a double sided plug or cable with VGA on one end and HDMI or DVI on the other, you won't get a usable signal, it has to be active.

hibariokcej22

Reputable
Sep 11, 2017

So I'll just say that I need to buy an active adaptor, right? Do you have any idea where to buy one?

You can buy them on Amazon. Here is an example of what you are looking for https://www.amazon.com/Anbear-Gold-Plated-1080P-Female-Converter/dp/B01AXI75N8/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1505854694&sr=8-15&keywords=hdmi+to+vga
The active converters need a power source, this is usually from a USB plug.

hibariokcej22

Reputable
Sep 11, 2017

Thank you so much for the help :)

Baekgaard

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017

I dont have an adaptor like the one that you have stated, I just have a VGA to HDMI adaptor and this adaptor does not connect to any of my USB ports, but I can still use my monitor, please clarify why does he (or we) need a "active" adaptor if we can have this adaptor and do the same thing, with the same quality.

You must still have an active adaptor, some can get power from the connector itself......I know display port is powered, didn't know HDMI was. The reason I say it must be active is because DP, HDMI and DVI-D are digital only (DVI-I is both digital and analog), and VGA is analog only. So to get a digital signal to work on an analog monitor, you need an active display adaptor to convert the signal.

Solution

hibariokcej22

Reputable
Sep 11, 2017

I guess I really need an active adaptor because I tried to purchase VGA to DVI adaptor and my screen is just flickering. I now understand how an active adaptor works. Thank you for all the help. Greatly appreciated