Question Help ! Inno3d Rtx 3070 x4 overheating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RjRehal

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
Pc Specs
I7-10700k
Asus Tuf -B460 gaming plus
Deepcool Assassin 3
Inno3d rtx 3070 ichill x4
Corsair - Rm750 gold
Antec - Df600
32gb ram 3000mhz
1tb crucial p1

Lg ultragear 27gl650f 1080p ips 144hz

I have 3 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans in my cpu
By default when gaming.. my gpu temperature reaches around 85 degrees which is not a good sign . So
I opened the whole case , i saw 5 degrees temps drop
So till i know the solution i m currently using msi afterburner target and temps to 65% .. which is giving me temps around 65 to 75 depending on games.. should repasting gpu work? I m currently confused whats the problem..

RjRehal

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
Did you overclock your system?

Is the GPU mounted vertically or directly plugged into the motherboard?

Nope , I didnt overclock cpu / gpu .
My Gpu is directly plugged into motherboard
Gpu Idle Temps stays less than 40C
Today i tested with side panel removed ,Gpu temps never went above 83 degrees. Thats because of Msi afterburner 83 degrees temp limit. I used riviatuner and locked global to 144fps because my monitor refresh rate is 144. I saw less gpu utilisation but clock speed was full @1965mhz ,and even temperature drops because of less gpu usage on games which gives fps above 144. When i capped to 60fps globally in riviatuner temperature was around 55 degrees. But Not on Rtx Games like Control, It was touching 83C and it almost gives around 70fps thats y. I m using Nvidia Performance Overlay to check the power usage , clockspeed , fanspeed and temperature of Gpu.
At 83C the gpu backplate is hot too.
Is Gpu thermal paste faulty?
What can be the problem?
Lowering Powerlimit and Templimit is what keeps gpu under 75C.

RjRehal

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
Where are your case fans?
3 120mm in front for intake
1 120mm in back for exhaust
1 120mm in top rear for exhaust

I have a magnetic mesh which prevents dust from entering. At the back of 3 intake fans inside the case. But it makes the airflow bit slow. But still Cpu never goes above 65C .But Gpu does reach at 83C.

Does your case have a space for a fan at the bottom? I’ve found if possible to install this has a significant impact in gpu cooling. With fans at the front of the case and exhaust at the back/top most of the airflow is over the top of the gpu. The gpu really cools best with air directed under it. By seeing a 5c improvement when removing the side panel does suggest an airflow issue. There can be a big difference in airflow between fans, are these generic case fans or high quality ones?

Reactions: RjRehal

RjRehal

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
Does your case have a space for a fan at the bottom? I’ve found if possible to install this has a significant impact in gpu cooling. With fans at the front of the case and exhaust at the back/top most of the airflow is over the top of the gpu. The gpu really cools best with air directed under it. By seeing a 5c improvement when removing the side panel does suggest an airflow issue. There can be a big difference in airflow between fans, are these generic case fans or high quality ones?
Yes i have space for 2 120mm fans.. I installed it below gpu. But i only saw almost 1C cooler .. so i did the ultimatum.. opened the case gpu fan speed to 100% and it just 1C more cooler.. so.. its around 78C- 79C. These are generic case fans Antec fans for intake.. and i bought 2 artic fans for exhaust.. i saw 2C cooler in ideal temps too. When around 80C Gpu backplate is hot

Dec 18, 2020
NOT ON x4!!!!!
Nope , I didnt overclock cpu / gpu .
My Gpu is directly plugged into motherboard
Gpu Idle Temps stays less than 40C
Today i tested with side panel removed ,Gpu temps never went above 83 degrees. Thats because of Msi afterburner 83 degrees temp limit. I used riviatuner and locked global to 144fps because my monitor refresh rate is 144. I saw less gpu utilisation but clock speed was full @1965mhz ,and even temperature drops because of less gpu usage on games which gives fps above 144. When i capped to 60fps globally in riviatuner temperature was around 55 degrees. But Not on Rtx Games like Control, It was touching 83C and it almost gives around 70fps thats y. I m using Nvidia Performance Overlay to check the power usage , clockspeed , fanspeed and temperature of Gpu.
At 83C the gpu backplate is hot too.
Is Gpu thermal paste faulty?
What can be the problem?
Lowering Powerlimit and Templimit is what keeps gpu under 75C.

Yes, I know. It's an AMD CPU and an AMD board. AMD has settings that increase temperature so boost clocks can be had more quickly and more efficiently.

If the PCI card slot gives information about TDP, VDDC,....and what not to the motherboard, I'm not sure AMD understands this data. It could not take enough power, it powers its cores in a completely different way. All I know from my1660 Tis, is that they ask for more power to run equally fast. I think it's because they have no use for any of the AMD CPU/extreme Mem settings to work well.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I take it this is one cool, but rather loud chassis.

This chassis is supposed to ship with 5 fans, but one of them flows in reverse. Going by your last post, it doesn't look like you're using it though, as it would've been one of the 2 non-LED fans, which you replaced with those Arctics, right?
I was thinking you may have misplaced it and it was wreaking havoc in your PC.

Perhaps the issue lies in the iChill x4's cooler...

Just to double check: Are your fans setup correctly?
iu

Obviously, this doesn't apply to the reverse fan.

RjRehal

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
Yes, I know. It's an AMD CPU and an AMD board. AMD has settings that increase temperature so boost clocks can be had more quickly and more efficiently.

If the PCI card slot gives information about TDP, VDDC,....and what not to the motherboard, I'm not sure AMD understands this data. It could not take enough power, it powers its cores in a completely different way. All I know from my1660 Tis, is that they ask for more power to run equally fast. I think it's because they have no use for any of the AMD CPU/extreme Mem settings to work well.
But i am using intel cpu / intel mobo

Dec 18, 2020
Because it's an entirely different chip....which might not

This chassis is supposed to ship with 5 fans, but one of them flows in reverse. Going by your last post, it doesn't look like you're using it though, as it would've been one of the 2 non-LED fans, which you replaced with those Arctics, right?

iu

;..
IOh, I'm sorry I thought B450.

Ehm...your motherboard is blocking certain voltages and says it gives rhe voltages that are needed.

It seems to be quite conviinced that what he's doing to the GPU is right, and that's that.

Dec 18, 2020
well, serves them right.

The NVidia Ti versions are something that appear to have been forgotten. I know AMD doesn't know it' CPU from its GPU and Ram would seem to be Ram,.....anf if it gets wind on a random voltage setting, it thinks that there is anything that can be added to enhance performance.

AMD GPUs are sooo incredibly bad, that they have started combining wattages and clocks and every RAM on 4000 to try and cover up how bad their graphics cards are.

Nvidia Ti, is Ti and it was doing the many processors and high VRAM before AMD started making cheap GPUs, At the time they were sooo dirt cheap that you would work with crap, because it was a GPU and you could play games.

Now they're crap for the same price and performance can only be stabilised by buying everyhting else much more expensive. So all their superclocks and voltages and speeds wouldn't blow their crappy cards up.

Last edited:

RjRehal

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020

iu

This case what u are talking about is flux edition. Mine is non flux edition. In flux edition u get 2 extra fans.. and some mesh on right side of panel too.. in my case.. i got only 3 intake fans.. i bought 2 fans for exhaust. i used grille side below gpu so air would directly go towards gpu.. i guess i have faulty gpu. I have contacted to my seller for my warranty now.. lets see how this goes

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
This case what u are talking about is flux edition. Mine is non flux edition. In flux edition u get 2 extra fans.. and some mesh on right side of panel too.. in my case.. i got only 3 intake fans.. i bought 2 fans for exhaust. i used grille side below gpu so air would directly go towards gpu.. i guess i have faulty gpu. I have contacted to my seller for my warranty now.. lets see how this goes
See, I didn't know there WAS another version. In trying to look up your chassis, I kept getting linked to the flux version - heck, the non-flux version isn't even on Antec's own website...
So the difference between the 2 is:
-3 fans instead of 5
-No side panel grille

Bottom intakes are practically useless in most chassis anyway.
-The floor of the chassis is too close to the floor. The bigger this gap is, the less restrictive it is.
-The psu shroud, even with some holes stamped in for airflow, still presents some restriction.
-The psu cable clutter + HDD/SSD cage adds even more restriction.
The gpu is getting the bulk of its air from the front and back.

I have contacted to my seller for my warranty now.. lets see how this goes
Let us know how it goes.

RjRehal

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
See, I didn't know there WAS another version. In trying to look up your chassis, I kept getting linked to the flux version - heck, the non-flux version isn't even on Antec's own website...
So the difference between the 2 is:
-3 fans instead of 5
-No side panel grille

Bottom intakes are practically useless in most chassis anyway.
-The floor of the chassis is too close to the floor. The bigger this gap is, the less restrictive it is.
-The psu shroud, even with some holes stamped in for airflow, still presents some restriction.
-The psu cable clutter + HDD/SSD cage adds even more restriction.
The gpu is getting the bulk of its air from the front and back.

Let us know how it goes.
Hey.. Good News!
I got the replacement and its working cooler .. i guess my old card was really faulty card..

RjRehal

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
hi, may i know what temp you get after replacement..?? im also hit 85c temp when gaming.. it not normal
hey i replaced my two inno3d cards now currently using asus tuf rtx 3070.
first card (inno3d ichill x4 3070) even on open case and full fan speed i was hitting 86C on gaming so i replaced it
second card (inno3d ichill x4 3070) stayed around 78C and i found out Two fans were not working so i replaced again
now i switched to asus tuf rtx 3070 and even on full load and 50% to 60% fan speed temps never go above 65C .

85C on your card is actually not good for long run.. i would definitely not suggest inno3d as i had bad experience using it. if you can switch to better brand i would suggest go for it.
As i have seen inno3d ichill x4 cards hits 75C on open cases which is normal but not the best.

Reactions: Nithin1234
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS