my pc
acer 4630g
ram 32 g
cpu i5 4440
windows 10 (home)
1.for this pc desktop (home)
and for game
i can use or install hdd '
Western Digital Ultrastar 8TB DC HC320 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Data Center Internal Hard Drive - 0B36404"??

2. for this hdd
What type color cable sata used or buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It would be helpful to know the EXACT and FULL model of your desktop. There are more numbers after 4630g that define exactly what hardware that system came with. The express service tag or full submodel number would help to identify that and should be on a sticker on the unit somewhere.

Alternatively, finding the motherboard model number which should be printed somewhere on the motherboard itself, would be helpful as well, in determining exactly what can and cannot be used with that specific motherboard.

In all probability though, that unit is perfectly fine to use and and SATA 3.0 6Gbps cable should work fine with it. Color does not matter or factor in.
It would be helpful to know the EXACT and FULL model of your desktop. There are more numbers after 4630g that define exactly what hardware that system came with. The express service tag or full submodel number would help to identify that and should be on a sticker on the unit somewhere.

Alternatively, finding the motherboard model number which should be printed somewhere on the motherboard itself, would be helpful as well, in determining exactly what can and cannot be used with that specific motherboard.

In all probability though, that unit is perfectly fine to use and and SATA 3.0 6Gbps cable should work fine with it. Color does not matter or factor in.

Solution
It looks like both models of the 4630g utilize SATA 3Gbps. While this is backwards compatible with SATA 6Gbps, you will only get 3Gbps speeds out of it. Any SATA II or SATA III cable will work. You just need an open slot on your motherboard and the right connector from the PSU, and also a free spot to mount it

SATA II was pretty much done by the end of Ivy bridge platforms. I'd be surprised to see a SATA II only motherboard on any Haswell era system. Maybe a combination of SATA II and III, but I guess anything is possible on some of the less expensive OEM configurations so that is why knowing the exact board model would be extremely helpful.

Regardless, it should still be forwards and backwards compatible, and should work fine, even if it doesn't work at full SATA III speeds. SATA III expansion cards are probably available for PCIe slot installation as well, if it doesn't natively support SATA III.

Reactions: DrummerManSpike
hi
my pc
acer 4630g
ram 32 g
cpu i5 4440
windows 10 (home)
1.for this pc desktop (home)
and for game
i can use or install hdd '
Western Digital Ultrastar 8TB DC HC320 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Data Center Internal Hard Drive - 0B36404"??

2. for this hdd
What type color cable sata used or buy?

What is your full specifications? Almost all motherboards contain sata iii and it would be helpful for the type of config. However SATA iii is backward compatible anyways and i doubt anything will go wrong, like mentioned. It doesn't matter what colour btw. As long as it is listed as the SATA configuration its fine