Question Help installing additional fans

Aug 28, 2022
So I am not knowledgeable about computers at all, but I would like to install two more fans in addition to the one currently in my PC. Is there an easy guide or someone that can walk me through on how to choose the right fan and where/how to place it? There is a perforated area above the red fan. Toward the front of the tower where there isn't much, the front is solid.

EDIT-- it's this pc link

CuEQI7.jpg
zv8ARP.jpg
TX35bu.jpg

Last edited:
What case brand and model number?

If a pre-built PC like HP or Lenovo or HP....what exact name and model number?

The "perforated area" is likely a place to put a fan.

You say you want to add 2 fans. Are your current temps bothering you? What is current temp at idle and under load?

You should try to find out how many case fan connectors are available on your motherboard.

Aug 28, 2022
First off, dust.
There looks to be a coating over everything.

Second, what fans are in there now?
Only that one on the 120mm radiator on the back?

What are all the components in this system?
Yea I tried to dust it off with an aerosol can but it didn't do much. Will try again.
As far as the components, it's this pc-- link

Aug 28, 2022
I'd expect temperatures to be quite uncomfortable with that setup.
Yeah, for cooler temps. I got this PC from my husband after he upgraded and he said it definitely needed additional fans. I am not a huge gamer (WoW, Sims, Stardew Valley, whenever Hogwarts Legacy comes out). I'll look into installing another fan up top, but I don't see another CPU fan connector. On the bottom there is a CHA fan connector. Should I install a smaller one of those?

USAFRet

Titan
Yeah, for cooler temps. I got this PC from my husband after he upgraded and he said it definitely needed additional fans. I am not a huge gamer (WoW, Sims, Stardew Valley, whenever Hogwarts Legacy comes out). I'll look into installing another fan up top, but I don't see another CPU fan connector. On the bottom there is a CHA fan connector. Should I install a smaller one of those?
The problem is overall airflow.
You need air coming in as well as going out.

Currently, you have a single substandard exhaust fan on the back.

Just putting another fan on the top would also be exhaust, with nothing coming in apart from what creeps in through gaps in the case.

Aug 28, 2022
The problem is overall airflow.
You need air coming in as well as going out.

Currently, you have a single substandard exhaust fan on the back.

Just putting another fan on the top would also be exhaust, with nothing coming in apart from what creeps in through gaps in the case.
Could I put in a fan to pull air through the bottom of the back side? There's not much space but I don't know what else to do other than getting a different case.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
For a complete parts list can you do the next,

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons