Question Help installing Chasis ARGB fans

boogie_1987

Reputable
Mar 2, 2018
I hate how vague instructions are for something that can potentially damage your components if installed wrong.

I have a Cooler Master TD500 mesh. The 3 front ARGB fans have their 3 RGB cables plugged to a cable that ends on a single cable. That goes to my B450 Aorus pro wifi 3 ping RGB header. Which I suppose is the one on the picture.

How am I supposed to plug this thing?, in which direction?, Is that even the correct header?.

My H500 had a 4 pin cable and I had it plugged into the 12v G R B W header. The triangle was lined up with the 12v pin.

I will include a photo of the user manual. I don't understand what those numbers and drawings mean.

Thank you

View: https://imgur.com/a/rCbjFXu

looks pretty well outlined.
the two branches on the left of the image are for connecting to two different types of motherboard aRGB headers.
top; labeled (Gigabyte)
bottom; labeled (ASUS,...)

whichever type of these two headers you have available on the motherboard would be used.
top; for what appears to be a proprietary Gigabyte header
bottom; for standard aRGB headers

check your motherboard manual for available headers.
there will be an image with detailed description.

boogie_1987

Reputable
Mar 2, 2018
looks pretty well outlined.
the two branches on the left of the image are for connecting to two different types of motherboard aRGB headers.
top; labeled (Gigabyte)
bottom; labeled (ASUS,...)

whichever type of these two headers you have available on the motherboard would be used.
top; for what appears to be a proprietary Gigabyte header
bottom; for standard aRGB headers

check your motherboard manual for available headers.
there will be an image with detailed description.
Check the other photos please. My problem is that I don't know in which direction I should plug the RGB cable, please check the other photos.

boogie_1987

Reputable
Mar 2, 2018
for what?
the cables in the image and the headers on the motherboard are labeled with placement arrows included.

Hi.

That's the problem, I don't understand the images in my Motherboard's manual. That's why I need help. I included them so someone can help me understand them. There are no placement arrows in my motherboard, see the image please.

The cable has 3 holes so I suppose it goes to those 3 pin headers. My 3 fans are 12v. Does the triangle have to line up with the white square below to get 12v? Or what does that mean?, Is that even the correct header?. Should I use the "12v G R B W" connector with the triangle aligned with the 12v pin?.

Thanks.

boogie_1987

Reputable
Mar 2, 2018
Anyone else who can help me? Where does this cable go?

J2G67gd.jpeg

Here is an image of my MB manual with the available RGB headers.

View: https://i.imgur.com/sX8u6Cp.jpeg

Please help 🥺