Help installing hyper 212 Evo.

Shadow2266

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Hi, this is my first time installing s couple cooler and I went for the hyper 212 Evo. I got through most of the installing up until you install the X bracket, when I screw one in the opposite lifts up really high and it is impossible to screw other sides in. I read some other threads on the problem and they all say screw it in slowly and use force, but I have tried that and nothing. I am lost at what I need to do.

Solution
You realistically should be able to get one side screwed in just enough to hold it down, then, with a bit of minimal force, move down the opposite corner and get that screwed in. It can definitely take some jimmying around to get it mounted. Possibly if you posted some images showing the issue, that might help a bit. I just replied with how I am imagining it in my mind.

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
You realistically should be able to get one side screwed in just enough to hold it down, then, with a bit of minimal force, move down the opposite corner and get that screwed in. It can definitely take some jimmying around to get it mounted. Possibly if you posted some images showing the issue, that might help a bit. I just replied with how I am imagining it in my mind.

Solution
May 8, 2018
The problem that I am picturing is that you are screwing one side down completely before you start screwing the others down. You will need to slowly screw one side in just enough for it to catch onto the groves, then you will proceed to the opposite corner and do the same once this has been done start on the others that are still loose. Don't completely screw in all of them and slowly work around from one corner to the next until completely fastened. You will need to use some force but not extreme.

Thornax22

Reputable
Dec 31, 2015
I jerry-rigged the crap out of it and got it to work. I trimmed the old bracket down so that the new one would for over it, so technically there's two brackets on it now, one holding the cpu retention bracket, and one holding the cooler.