[SOLVED] Help installing Thermaltake Pure Plus 12 Fans

Feb 17, 2019
Hello so I recently found a good deal on a 3 pack of these RGB fans. So I went to go install them yesterday and I noticed that these need a USB 2.0 connector (I believe it is a 9-pin that plugs into the motherboard. My current motherboard is an MSI Arctis Tomahawk z270 and going by the manual it seems that there are only 2 USB 2.0 slots on the board itself. When taking my case off I noticed that both of these slots are being used. I can't specifically tell what is being used as I did not want to fiddle with the wires and mess anything up (I am new to PC building and a friend helped me). Is there anyway to bypass this? Could I find another place for this wire? Would you have any idea what could possibly be plugged into the USB 2.0 connector slots onto my motherboard? I have an NZXT Kraken X62 and my case is an NZXT H440 if that helps at all. Thank you very much!

Solution
The x62 is using 1x for the CAM software and the front i/o on that case is using the other. You'll also have 2x USB 3 ports on the mobo, one is populated with the cable for the USB 3 ports on the front i/o, the other should be free. You can use a USB 3-2 adapter to add more USB2.0 ports, you can also use a pcie x1 to USB2.0 adapter to make more. (that's the really small slots in-between the long pcie x16 slots)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The x62 is using 1x for the CAM software and the front i/o on that case is using the other. You'll also have 2x USB 3 ports on the mobo, one is populated with the cable for the USB 3 ports on the front i/o, the other should be free. You can use a USB 3-2 adapter to add more USB2.0 ports, you can also use a pcie x1 to USB2.0 adapter to make more. (that's the really small slots in-between the long pcie x16 slots)

Solution