Help installing Win 7 on new system (trying to avoid the dreaded 3.0 driver issue)

xardej

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
So I've been using Win 10 for quite some time now. Still don't really like anything about it, but it works fine I suppose. However, I'm about to have the last parts for a new computer come in and I'd like to pop Win 7 on that one. However, I'm well aware of how difficult it can be installing Win 7 on newer hardware that only supports USB 3.0 as I ran into that problem when I made my Dad's computer years ago. Only problem is... I've completely forgotten how we got around that. So I'm hoping you lovely folks at Tom will have a collection of good ideas. That being said, to my understanding there's two ways to do this-

-Somehow get USB 3.0 drivers put into your installation ISO. How does one go about doing that? Do certain ways of going about that work better for certain brands of hardware (In this case a Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 mobo)?

-Installing via disc. I DO have a disc drive that I can use if all else fails. Granted, I haven't had rewritable discs in probably a decade. If I have to resort to making a boot disc out of my ISO how big does the disc need to be? Do certain types of rewritable DVDs work better for this(I've heard DVD+Rs show up more consistently during installation)?

Sorry for the long winded post, folks. I -kind- of know what the situation is, but the more I research the more confusing it seems to get. I absolutely adore me some Win7 Ultimate though, so I'm more than willing to put up with the work necessary to get it going on my second computer. Thanks in advance!

Solution

You can't install windows 7 on coffee lake without major issues.

There simply are no drivers for it to work properly. It's basically windows 10 or nothing for windows on that platform.

Solution