Help installing windows 8

verysolutions34

Reputable
Aug 28, 2015
I want to install widows 8 on my pc. I have done this many times before, as I have this pc for a few years and never had any problems. This time however the installation hangs on the boot splash screen of asus logo. After the initial windows installation (product keys, formatting, partitioning etc) the pc restarts as required and then hangs, no response whatsoever. I disconnected the hard drive and then the pc booted ahead. I connected the drive to another pc thinking it might have malfunctioned but it works fine. After removing all the partitions I connected it again to my own pc and installation worked but again after initial setup of windows, after it restarts, it hung on the asus splash screen again. Please help

Hi there verysolutions34,

Just attach the drive to the other computer and test it with some of these: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility
There could be something wrong with it.
Another thing you can try is just to attach the drive with different cables(both SATA and power ones) to another SATA port.

Apart from that, you can consider what Petrossa said as well.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

Solution