Help! - Internet Explorer IE6 - Clearing Temporary Interne..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

If someone could offer some assistance here I would be very grateful.

I have the option set to delete temporary internet files when exiting IE -
However they are not being cleared. I suspect that there is an item in the
registry that has become stuck, but I have no idea how to resolve this, and
it is driving me crazy.

Oh yeah, be kind to me, I am technically challenged and no where as swift as
the rest of you.

HELP!!!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"Joseph Ferraro"

It will not work if you have SP installed.

It seems excessivle cautious to delete all the temporary internet files
every time you close your browser. A better way would be to schedule
cleanmgr.exe to run as frequently as you think necessary with just the
Internet Files checked.

Otherwise go to Control panel\Internet Options\General and left click the
delete Files bar in the middle of the popup window.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

In addition to Don:

Make sure that OE is not running.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Joseph Ferraro" <jsjf@optonline.net> wrote in message news:ZitEd.131115$Ws2.86294@fe09.lga...
If someone could offer some assistance here I would be very grateful.

I have the option set to delete temporary internet files when exiting IE -
However they are not being cleared. I suspect that there is an item in the
registry that has become stuck, but I have no idea how to resolve this, and
it is driving me crazy.

Oh yeah, be kind to me, I am technically challenged and no where as swift as
the rest of you.

HELP!!!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

If you would manage to clear the cache in Safe mode the odds are you caught
a Trojan.

TRENDING THREADS