[SOLVED] *Help* Is a psu upgrade needed?

Apr 28, 2020
Hey everyone looking for a little advice, thanks in advance for all your help.
I was just curious if I needed to upgrade my psu, for 1080p gaming.

System specs:
MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard
AMD FX 8320 (No OC)
Corsair H55 AIO
16gb Corsair Ram @1866mhz
MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8gb (No OC)
1TB WD Blue HDD
Evga 450bt 80+ Bronze Psu

There's only one other 120mm fan and I use a wireless keyboard and mouse

Thoughts?

Solution
The BT is not one of EVGA's good PSUs.

Given the power-hungry FX 8320, and the tendency for the RX 580 to draw a hefty amount of power, I would suggest getting a new PSU, of higher quality. See the first link in my sig for a guide to good vs bad PSUs.

I would suggest a Seasonic Focus, or a Corsair TX or RM. A newer Corsair CX (not green label, 2017 redesign, should be listed as 5-year warranty) would do, but with a CX I would prefer 550W minimum on this.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

Given the power-hungry FX 8320, and the tendency for the RX 580 to draw a hefty amount of power, I would suggest getting a new PSU, of higher quality. See the first link in my sig for a guide to good vs bad PSUs.

I would suggest a Seasonic Focus, or a Corsair TX or RM. A newer Corsair CX (not green label, 2017 redesign, should be listed as 5-year warranty) would do, but with a CX I would prefer 550W minimum on this.

Reactions: WildCard999
Solution
Apr 28, 2020

Thanks appreciate it.