Jul 9, 2021
i was away from my pc for 30 mins so the screen was auto turned off, but when i moved my mouse to turn it back on the monitor start showing random stripes of colors with a white background but after i turned it off (my monitor not pc) and turned it back on it started working fine again with a burned in image in the background of those stripes. Then i restarted my pc and it all went back to normal but now im scared is my monitor dying or why that happened ?? my monitor is just 2 months old and my pc is almost 2.5 years old with a 1660ti and connected with displayport cable.

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that it was probably a random glitch or some perfect storm of events that is unlikely to reoccur.

However that is just an initial observation. More information is needed.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age (2 1/2 years... ? ), condition?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the time of the display behavior. Especially if the behavior repeats.

My first suspect is the PSU - it may be showing early signs of its' age and starting falter in some manner.

It could fail all at once and there could be some domino effects that lead to loss of data.

Now is the time (and actually it is always the time) to back up all important data.

At least 2 x to different locations. Verify that backups are recoverable and readable.

Jul 9, 2021
Spe
My thought is that it was probably a random glitch or some perfect storm of events that is unlikely to reoccur.

However that is just an initial observation. More information is needed.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age (2 1/2 years... ? ), condition?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the time of the display behavior. Especially if the behavior repeats.

My first suspect is the PSU - it may be showing early signs of its' age and starting falter in some manner.

It could fail all at once and there could be some domino effects that lead to loss of data.

Now is the time (and actually it is always the time) to back up all important data.

At least 2 x to different locations. Verify that backups are recoverable and readable.

psu- thermaltake tr2s 500watt
gpu - galax 1660ti
cpu - i5 9400f
ram - 16 gb 2666mhz
mobo - gigabyte b360 gaminghd
monitor - acer vg240ys 165hz gsync compatible