Question HELP, is my new GPU faulty??

Dec 23, 2021
I’ll start off by saying that I’m not super savvy when it comes to PCs but I’m doing my best to learn! Over the last month or two I’ve had this issue where if I’m playing a game (Valorant, League of Legends, Apex, and other like these) I’ll play for 10-30 minutes or even a couple hours sometimes and then my monitors will go black and then eventually say no signal and turn off but my pc will still be on and I’ll still be able to hear people talking although I’m not sure if they can hear me because I usually panic and force shutdown my pc. I was talking with someone and we did some trouble shooting and they suggested that it could be my GPU which was a 570, I had been wanting to upgrade eventually just not so soon but I took the dive anyways and ordered a Yeston 6700 xt. A week before it delivered I hadn’t encountered the issue again which was odd to me because it was very consistent. I got it and installed it and had no issues for a little over a week and now tonight I’m having the same exact issues that I had with my 570. I need to mention that I have a 600W PSU right now and know the 6700xt really needs a 700W-750W (I think) so I assumed it needs a new PSU and went ahead and ordered one but I have no idea what the issue is. Faulty GPU, PSU, or Motherboard? I work from my pc and don’t want this issue to get me fired because I have no idea what’s causing it, please help ):

I would also like to mention that the first time it crashed tonight I turned it back on and my resolution was super chunky & I figured my drivers died so first I just changed the rez back to normal but my second monitor wasn’t being detected at all which scares me and makes me think it’s my new GPU that’s the issue. I tried different ports and restarted a couple times but nothing got it to recognize both monitors until I reverted an update for my drivers and installed it which required 2 restarts and it seemed like it was back to normal but when I tried to play League of Legends it crashed (I didn’t even get to load into the game) and when I restarted it everything was regular and I was able to play one game, I swapped over to Valorant after and it crashed about 9 rounds into the match. When I restarted it I was back to one monitor again and was too frustrated and sad to try anything else so I came to here to hopefully get some help!

What’s the full pc spec including make and model of psu. Unfortunately a psu wattage tells us next to nothing, there can be a huge difference between low and high quality PSU’s claiming they same wattage.

Have you tried a fresh install of Windows?

What are the cpu and gpu temperatures when gaming, ideally just before the crash happens.

Dec 23, 2021
What’s the full pc spec including make and model of psu. Unfortunately a psu wattage tells us next to nothing, there can be a huge difference between low and high quality PSU’s claiming they same wattage.

Have you tried a fresh install of Windows?

What are the cpu and gpu temperatures when gaming, ideally just before the crash happens.

I have an Enermax 600W Gold revolutionDUO PSU, gigabyte x570 UD mobo, XFX Radeon RX 570 was my old GPU and my new GPH is a Yeston 6700XT; I’m wondering if it could be the pci-e slot since I’m experiencing the same issue with both GPUs.

I haven’t tried a fresh install of windows but I’ll do that after I post this and see if he issue still persists.

When I was running my old GPU my temps would be in the high 80’s sometimes even reaching 89 and for the new one I believe it is much lower but I can’t remember although it feels considerably cooler when I touch the glass part of my case now, my CPU temps never went over 73 for both GPU’s.

Dec 23, 2021
I went ahead and bought a EVGA 750W GQ gold that will be delivered tomorrow so I’m hoping that it fixes the issue! When I got my 6700xt I knew my psu was a bit underpowered but I never considered that it could be the cause of the issue I’m experiencing with both GPU’s, I appreciate your help!

Dec 23, 2021
There’s a red knob on the back of my pc right by my PSU, I have no idea what exactly it does but it’s turned all the way down, should I try turning it up or do you know what this knob might do? I’ve tried looking it up to see what it does but can’t find much info on it