Question [HELP] Is my RTX 2070 Super fried/Dead?

Apr 15, 2021
Hello,

I ran into problem today. I was playing game earlier today, and all of sudden my PC shuts down and it won't start!
I unplug everything and checked everything but no physical issues were found. Also PC is not booting while my ASUS Dual RTX 2070 super is installed on motherboard.
Later, I replaced with my old GTX 960 to check if its different issue but PC booted up with that with no problems what so ever! I thought it might be PSU issue but PC did booted up perfectly.

So my question is that my RTX 2070 super is possibly be fried/dead?

Can it be replaced/fixed from ASUS service center? Or do I need to buy the new GPU?

My specs
Asus ROG Strix x570-E Gaming Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 3900x

XPG D60G 3600mhz 16 GB × 2 RAM

ASUS Dual NVIDIA 2070 SUPER

CoolerMaster MWE Gold 750 watts modular PSU

Please help me with this problem! Thanks.

Apr 15, 2021
The RTX 2070 draws a bit more than the 960 from what I see....so I think it's possible it could be a PSU issue.....but I'd put my bet on the GPU being failed over the PSU.

If you sniff the GPU real close....you may actually smell if it's burnt.

Thanks for quick response. You are right, 2070 is more power hungry than the GTX 960. I did few things on 960 for few hours , like installing fresh copy of Windows and few other drivers etc but surprisingly PC didn't even shut down automatically, which makes 2070 is main culprit.

Also, i sniffed near the heatsink near the upper side of GPU, and yeah it did smells like burnt inside somewhere.

So is possible to get replacement from ASUS? Or Do i have buy the new one?
( I'm possibly looking for 3060 for replacement btw)