[SOLVED] HELP! Issue with wrong flashed BIOS

Techxz

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
So I have 2 Intel DH61CR LGA 1155 motherboards that have the wrong BIOS flashed on them. They have the BIOS of the Intel DH61WW LGA 1155 motherboard installed on them and are therefore recognised as such in the BIOS. On the intel website it says that these two motherboards share the same BIOS anyway, which would not be a problem for me except that I cannot get anything to boot on these two motherboards with the "wrong" BIOS.

EDIT:

I do not know why I would need a new BIOS chip. On the intel website the DH61WW and the DH61CR share the same download file.

Contact Intel. See if they can send you a pre-programmed Bios chip, if your chip is not soldered in. Then get a Chip puller and pull out the chip. Make sure you mark down the location of pin 1 of the chip on a piece of paper, so you can reinstall the chip properly.
I di it once. It cost me $5.

Techxz

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015

I do not think that is the case. I can still access the BIOS and do most things that I would normally be able to do - the intel website has the same download link for both motherboards too and looking on ebay they both share the same BIOS chip.