Help! Issues With Test Build For PC

Pure Michigan

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2014
I just put together my out of the case test build for my PC and nothing will display on the monitor. Everything seems to be running (fans on the GPU are spinning and the stock fan) but the monitor just says "no input signal". All of the correct power cords are hooked up and everything else was installed correctly (CPU placement/RAM/GPU). I currently have it hooked up with an HDMI cord. I believe the PC monitor may have an issue as the HDMI cord worked for the PC on my TV, but when I hooked it up to my TV the "ASUS" logo flashed and when I hit "delete" to see the BIOS it was completely black with only the mouse pointer visible. I could move the mouse pointer around on screen and pixels would start to appear over where I moved the mouse, but it looks very blurry and like something is wrong. Any possible ideas of what the problem may be? I took everything out/put back in correctly and the same problems happened. Could it be a dead GPU? Let me know if you have any ideas!

specs:

CPU Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core $169.99
Motherboard ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 $81.00
Memory 2x4G|G.SKILL F3-2133C9D-8GXL R
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $51.85
Video Card Sapphire R9 280
Case Antec GX500 ATX Mid Tower $57.98
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750W B2
Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer $13.99
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.98
Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill N600PCE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 $16.99

SHODAN355

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I would try running it off the CPU's integrated graphics out of the motherboard to try and isolate the issue to either the card or the monitor, but if you were experiencing issues on the TV as well I would learn towards the card. Either way try running with the HDMI out of the motherboard and see what happens on the monitor and TV.

Pure Michigan

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2014
Hey Shodan so I just tried "breadboarding" and I got three long beeps when just turning on the power with the CPU and heat sink in. Then when I try to put in the memory sticks I get silence. Tried putting in one memory stick and still got silence. Does this mean the problem just lies with the memory? Bad memory sticks perhaps?

TRENDING THREADS