*HELP* Just installed new graphics card monitor says no signal

mjgarrett99

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
Hi there I just bought a brand new Sapphire Radeon Rx 560 2GB OC pulse for my pc. I connected it to the PCI-E slot and connected the 1x6 pin Power and turned my pc on, only for my monitor to say no signal. I tried deleting old drivers from previous graphics card but in the process destroyed my version of windows 10 to the point where it can't even boot. That doesn't matter I can just re install but how do I fix graphics card issue!
My Pc:
Intel Core i5 3470
Sapphire Pulse Rx 560 2G
Thermaltake 500w PS
12gb Hyper X Ram
750gb WD Hard Drive
Gigabyte Motherboard

Help would be appreciated fast as I might have to return the graphics card if faulty

EDIT: PCI-E SLOT X1 WAS FAULTY, TRIED X4 AND IT WORKED, ALSO CHANGED BIOS TO X4 AS WELL THANKYOU FOR ALL THE SUGGESTIONS

Solution
i had this problem too, here's what i do to fix it:
if u monitor is an old gen same as mine, u'll need an active adapter
if u haven't upgrade your mobo's BIOS, it's worth a try (i did that too with my mobo so the PC can recognize my 1050ti), u can find your mobo's BIOS in their brand's respective websites
if u haven't plug your monitor cable to the GPU (as the post above said), do so
i had this problem too, here's what i do to fix it:
if u monitor is an old gen same as mine, u'll need an active adapter
if u haven't upgrade your mobo's BIOS, it's worth a try (i did that too with my mobo so the PC can recognize my 1050ti), u can find your mobo's BIOS in their brand's respective websites
if u haven't plug your monitor cable to the GPU (as the post above said), do so

Solution

since ur BIOS is on auto, when the GPU is plugged (even when it said no signal), the onboard is disabled

try to do the things i mentioned above

g_____g

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
I've had a similar problem, but it shouldn't be as hard to fix for you.

You said that you just plugged in the card, but it sounds like you are lacking drivers (unless you did download them and not mention it.) Download the drivers for your graphics card from AMD. You can use the onboard graphics to get a display to your monitor, and just run the installer once it is downloaded.

I highly doubt there's a problem with your card other than lack of drivers, but I could be wrong.

mate, even without a driver, that GPU should run normaly, though the resolution will be small, because if it doesn't run, u can't install the driver then (the no GPU detected error)...

g_____g

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015

I'm only saying this because I've had such a similar problem. I'm not saying ours are the same, but I had the same no display issue with the GPU fans turning. Fixed itself immediately after I downloaded the drivers. As I said though, I could be wrong.

I had them too, when I upgraded from GT630 to GTX1050ti, and I did the steps I mentioned above, it works till now (exactly the same, GPU fans running while monitors says "no signal", means the gpu is on and running, it's just either the Mobo / the monitor couldn't recognize it, I'm leaning toward the monitor in this case [can be the cable etc])

If he had a beeper, that would've helped to know what's the source of the problem :0