help-keyboard-messed

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueblue27610

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
Hello,

I just installed Windows 7 ultimate over Vista Business. 2 issues.

1) All Toolbars have a red letter in every word or Icon text...indicating the shortcut key? I don't like it.

2) When I type, letters or complete words disappear as I type additional letters or words...and they become jumbled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Solution
if your using a notebook, it sounds like issues people have w/ their hands touching the track pad while typing, and thus moving the cursor around

arges86

Distinguished
For starters, i NVR recommend upgrading OSes.
You can do a clean install using the upgrade disk (i did).

I always recommend installing the new OS on either a separate Hard Driver or, on a separate partition on the hard drive. This will allow you to move all your important documents ect. over to the new OS.
Once you've moved everything, then delete the old OS, and then you have a fresh new Operating System w/o any of the potential issues w/ doing an upgrade

trueblue27610

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010

No, it's definitely not that. It's some config issue that I can't seem to find...but thanks.

trueblue27610

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010

They were correct. Even though I wasn't touching the touchpad, somehow it was still causing my issue. Turn off the touchpad and the problem is completely gone. Even when I go on the road I bring my mouse, so no issue there. I can't stand the touchpads.

I still have the red highlight issue though. It's a non-functional issue, just something that bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS