*HELP* Laptop battery draining when shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_groosalugg_

Honorable
Jan 8, 2019
Hello, I have bought a laptop Lenovo V330 - i5 8250, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD, Windows 10 1709.

I bought this for travel but prior to going I kept this plugged in to the mains and a TV as a monitor, the battery would fall by 1% every day or 2 and within a week when I hit 95% I would unplug it and let it drain, then recharge it.

Since then I have started traveling and have not used the laptop much. But one week I use it and it was on 100%, I use it again one week later and pull it out at 56%. Needless to say it died within one hour of use. (Lenovo advertised it as 6 hour battery life).

I have disabled "Fast startup" in power options under "change what the power buttons do". The power button is set to "hibernate", however I shut my laptop down by clicking on the start button > right click > shut down. I assume the "power button" options are strictly for the physical button itself, not the start button in windows.

Under Lenovo vantage I have disabled the feature for "keep USB on even when powered off".

So far my laptop continues to drain around 2-3% per day but I do not think this is normal.

computerguy0120

Reputable
Mar 2, 2018
I have the same problem on my Lenovo T480 laptop. You can try mitigating the problem by going to Windows Key > Power Plan > Power Options (On the top of screen) > Power Saver. Try this and see if it works

the_groosalugg_

Honorable
Jan 8, 2019

My laptop only has a balanced power plan, but it can be customised like any other just by editing individual settings

So far I have updated to Windows 1809, but there is still dodgy battery drain. I've left my laptop plugged in and used hibernate and its down 5% in 2 nights. Usually it would take 1 week to drop 5% when left plugged.

Sod windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.