Help, Laptop fan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parikesit

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
Hello, I have HP 431 and recently some problems occured.
Some months ago, my laptop starts to shut down oftenly because of overheating. But I resolved that problem with putting some stuff underneath my laptop so the fan will not be blocked by anything.

Until recently, since last month, the fan suddenly stopped working and few seconds later, my laptop shuts down. Now it can only last for 10 minutes, and the fan will stop working, and shuts the laptop down.

I did disassemble to clean the laptop and put it back again, but nothing changed. The fan still stop at the 10th minute and the laptop shuts down.

What should I do ?

Solution
Well, it sounds like you are going to need a new fan. You can try starting with replacing the thermal paste and see if that will resolve it, but it may not be enough.

Better to replace the fan now, rather than keep running the laptop and risk frying other components.
Well, it sounds like you are going to need a new fan. You can try starting with replacing the thermal paste and see if that will resolve it, but it may not be enough.

Better to replace the fan now, rather than keep running the laptop and risk frying other components.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.